Affection

jeneytran

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if it's only Daisy acting weird but whenever my partner and I hug or I give him a peck on the cheek she seems to stop doing whatever she is doing and bolt over and jump on us. she never lets anyone hug or get close to me, she will jump on them until they let go or move away from me and i've tried to stop her from jumping but it just keeps continuing and especially because she sleeps indoors at night when we're watching television she's always needs to be on guard ready to catch us in action.

have you guys ever been in a similar situation? please share you thoughts as I am confused why she has been acting like this ever since i got her.

love xx

When ever we jennifer and I dance Talon always tries to join in. He also wants it get involved when we kiss.

Whenever we play fight, thats Jen and me he always gets between us. All those who lnow Talon know how he gets in the middle between dogs fighting to stop them.

what ive seen the do on its me or the dog is when the dog goes to jump up , stand up and ignore the dog, once the dog is calm sit back down and cuddle or whatever and when she goes to jump up, or does jump up, stand up straight away and ignore her, the dogs soon learn that cuddles are ok and jumping up just results in them ignoring them

Sounds a lot like Ryn has been lately. Daisy is letting everyone know that you belong to her.

You need to correct her and can do this in several ways. The first, if you are standing, is to turn towards her, using your knee to push her back. If that doesn't work, I suggest turning away from her - both of you. Don't speak to her, just simply turn away. This always gets Ryn who gets a look of amazement on her face that we would have the audacity to ignore her.

Another thing that is working for us, if we are sitting is to stand up. This 'throws' her off the couch or chair and she's beginning to understand that her actions are not acceptable. You have to be consistent, don't let her get by with doing this one time and not the next. It creates mixed signals and will only confuse her.

Best of luck.

cant say ive ever seen shiloh do this but he will stick his big horse head in between us all the time....he aint allowed up on sofa so he use his head instead....we push him away when he does it- he kind of gets the point eventually

he is worse with ian than me....he is like ians shadow at the min :angry:

I'd also be sure this is what's happening. When ever my wife and I hug, Aska used to come straight over to join in. She wasnt overly trying to get in the way or jump up on one person or the other, definitely just wanting to get in on the action like it was time for some pack affection. Now that we have the second one, she's a bit less attached to us, so unless they both come over for hugs, they'll carry on doing their own thing (which is usually softly biting each others necks, haha!). But yes, if you're sure this isnt what's going on, and it is more like what is described above, I would be looking at the solid advice people are providing.