Filming a documentary around Huskies

neo&stu

Hi all

I am thinking of making a documentary around husky's and there owners I have a title ( HUSKIES ON THE PULL ) I am thinking about covering as many angles from pro dog teams, breeding, husky re-home work and as many funny true stories to punctuate it . This project is only in the development stage as yet.. I own a production company MEDIAVISION and all the broadcast camera equipment needed , So if you think you would like to be involved let me know or if you have any contacts to some sled teams who you know that would be great. so let me what you think

thanks Neo & Stu

cool.gif

Sounds interesting, sorry I don't have any sledding or racing contacts. We have rehomed a Husky (Darwin).

Would you publish a blog I'd like to hear about the behind the scenes of how you organise and produce a documentary like this.

Hi this is not just about sled dogs I am looking to capture the nature of the breed and the owners who are so involved with the breed. and especially how many of this breed end up being re-homed , I am looking into meeting up with Husky welfare to get some case studies but also I think it should portray the the nature of the husky FUN with a spirit like no other dog. I love the breed and like the saying go's if its not a Husky its just a dog ( a nice dog but !!)

thank you for your interest and if the project does go to production I will blog the full shoot

Stuart & Neo

hi yeah

Sounds great, i would be really interested in being involved.

I have been a fosterer for SHWA, have adopted through SHWA and have a really good contact with a few mushers with racing dog teams (one of which is currently planning his trip to do the iditarod next year. I'm sure he would love to be involved. Feel free to PM me

claire

We have regular meets down in Wiltshire - normally either a 3 mile or so walk through one of the local parks, or a dog park where we can let them all off the lead, there tends to be 20 - 30 dogs at each meet at the moment, so we do get some funny looks when we all stop for a coffee, but also plenty of passers-by stopping to ask about the breed, and getting their kids to say hello to the dogs :)

One of the things I've found nicest about husky groups is that they're not little clique-y clubs where if your dog isn't a purebreed you won't fit in - each group that I've met with has had plenty of crosses, sub-breeds, similar breeds, and honorary huskies, and everyone's welcome.

We have regular meets down in Wiltshire - normally either a 3 mile or so walk through one of the local parks, or a dog park where we can let them all off the lead, there tends to be 20 - 30 dogs at each meet at the moment, so we do get some funny looks when we all stop for a coffee, but also plenty of passers-by stopping to ask about the breed, and getting their kids to say hello to the dogs :)

One of the things I've found nicest about husky groups is that they're not little clique-y clubs where if your dog isn't a purebreed you won't fit in - each group that I've met with has had plenty of crosses, sub-breeds, similar breeds, and honorary huskies, and everyone's welcome.

This is so true! I think huskies just exude friendship so the owners natually follow suit!

I think it takes a special kind of person to own a husky and once that person gets their first the fall into the second and then the rallys and the rescue work too comes almost naturally!

I have been a husky admirer for as long as I can remember and got my first one last year.. the progression from admirer to totally nutcase that can talk about nothing else has been fast paced for me! LOL I got my second (a rescue boy from SHWA) about 6 months ago and if I had the room I'd have at least another two! I really want to get into the rally scene but the money and travel holding me back! The same with the rescuing! As soon as I can drive I plan to start helping rescues more with home checks and transport etc.

I would be interested in helping with your documentary so PM me if you have any questions for me or anything? :)

It sounds like a great idea, Stu, I hope you are able to fulfil this husky dream. I'm sure you'll get a lot of interest on here & also contacts - maybe even try & attend local husky racing - that will be invaluable for that side of the story & there are a few rescue workers on here who I'm sure will help as much as possible. Good luck with your plan! :D