Zihna's recovery

snssewell

Thought I start a new thread for this one. She had been doing ok. Bit of diarrhea which is probably from the dewormer and whatever she had been eating in them woods. She has been eating like a pig yesterday. I had to feed her 4 times and finally the 4th time she left a few crumbs in her bowl so I knew she was finally full.

She will get her puppy bath today so after that she should feel a whole lot better.

Yesterday she has not come out of her crate much. She was still sleeping a lot during the day but was up for a while last night. She was fighting the Zzzzzzzz monster and kept searching for crumbs in her crate so thats when I fed her the 4th time, thinking she may be really hungry. After that it did not take long and she finally fell asleep. She even laid on her back for a while all stretched out so I was glad to see her feel comfortable. I put one of my old T-shirt's in the crate with her hoping it will make her feel even more secure and at times she was curled up on it. :)

This morning she sat in the yard for a few minutes just looking around so I was glad to see that. Then she came running in the house doing a few puppy hops and got a quick cuddle and then she went back in her crate. Took a power nap for about 15 minutes and now she has been in and out so its getting there.

I enrolled her in some group obedience classes with my dog trainer starting next Wednesday so it should be good for her to be around some people and other dogs to forget about those lonely nights in the woods.

Will keep you all updated as she is recovering.

Thanks again to all of you for pulling through these horrible 9 days with me. And Zihna is sending Husky cuddles to all her Husky, non-Husky, and Human friends here. :wub:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooh it sounds as though she is really on the road to recovery. i bet she was exhausted from her scary adventure and is feeling somewhat more relaxed in a secure environment.

I bet you need to keep pinching yourself to realise that your nightmare is over.

Great that you've enrolled in some obediance classes too, she is so lucky to have a mummy who loves her soooooo soooooo much

Glad to hear she's happy.

I wouldn't feed her so much, part of her appetite wont be hunger, but rather that shes feeling unsure of whether there will even be another meal.

The problem is, if she eats too much, she'll just get the runs and then wont absorb all the nutrients she otherwise would.

Try feed a normal amount, sliiighty more if you feel you must, but for now the fastest way to recovery is to rerun her back to normal eating habits.

Glad to hear she's coming along nicely!

That prayer for a lost pet must have worked..:happy: .....Ron

Yes thanks god it did!!! Thanks Ron :).

Talking about prayer. The guy that found her called me today and told me that his dogs had barked that night since about 8 -9 in the evening. They would start barking every hour or so. He kept checking but he never saw anything out there. He thought maybe it was a fox or a raccoon that made them bark and when he went out there at around 12 midnight there she was. He gave her some food and some water and well the rest you all know.

Anyway, he invited me to church on Sunday at the Korean church. I usually don't go to church, but I could not say no to that. After all he saved my little girl. If he had not gone out there to check why the dogs were barking who knows if she would have stayed or kept going by morning. And then who knows who or where she would have ended up.

Glad to hear she's happy.

I wouldn't feed her so much, part of her appetite wont be hunger, but rather that shes feeling unsure of whether there will even be another meal.

The problem is, if she eats too much, she'll just get the runs and then wont absorb all the nutrients she otherwise would.

Try feed a normal amount, sliiighty more if you feel you must, but for now the fastest way to recovery is to rerun her back to normal eating habits.

Glad to hear she's coming along nicely!

Thanks. Yeah she already has the runs from the dewormer :blink: not good and it does not smell very nice either. Definitely don't want to add to the problem. Not really feeding her more, just smaller portions throughout the day but more often. But she is already getting better again and is not gobbling it all down. I think in another day or two I can go back to feeding her as I did before. :)

I also heard that they throw up when they over eat after not eating right for a while. That's why I split her portions up in 3 instead of 2 times a day.