Unreliable People

Saffmonster

Why is my life full of unreliable people/friends!!!

Today I was supposed to go shopping and lunch with a friend. We had already rescheduled from last week as she supposedly 'forgot'. No she didn't forget, she just couldn't be bothered getting out of bed... she's a BAD liar!! :angry: :angry: :angry: And to contradict herself, she also told me that she thought I didn't want to go because I didn't text her the day before to confirm... It's lunch, not a bloody flight to Spain!!!!!!!

Her excuse today was that her garage called to change her MOT from tomorrow to today... No they didn't, she alreay told me they booked her car in tomorrow, I use the same garage and they never change appointments unless you ask them to. She just couldn't be bothered getting out of bed!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

And to top off my week, I was suppose to be meeting another friend tomorrow for lunch. He just text me to say that he has a meeting he forgot about... ARRRGGHHH!!!!

My whole 3 days off work ruined because of UNRELIABLE PEOPLE!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally know the feeling. :(

I have ended up with several people like this friend of yours in my life in the last few years.

I can say that, "they come and go" eventually we just kind of have to wait out the storm for a bit.

After about 5 years of doing nothing but being kind despite whatever issues theyve had...

that if it begins to hurt yah and you tell them, and then nothing changes...theyre not worth having.

That sounds really annoying! :(

Sorry I've just re-read what I wrote and realised that 'annoying' is probably the understatement of the year. I'd like to put something really profound and sage-like about how to deal with this sort of thing whilst maintaining a higher zen-like attitude throughout but I'll be honest....I'm trying to think and there's just nothing coming! I think I need some sleep! LOL

Seriously though I can imagine thats really frustrating especially when you only had a few days holiday. Still hopefully you had spare time to spend with the dogs instead eh?! Depending on how sensitive your friends are I'd be inclined to mention that it upset you, but not in say a particularly argumentative way.

Perhaps next time you talk just casually get into the conversation like 'Oh it was such a shame we didn't end up meeting for lunch, I was really looking forward to it. That kind of threw me all out of sync and didn't end up doing productive at all which is annoying etc.' so maybe if they are even slightly listening they will realise and at least apologise without you actually having to request an apology?!

Perhaps next time you talk just casually get into the conversation like 'Oh it was such a shame we didn't end up meeting for lunch, I was really looking forward to it. That kind of threw me all out of sync and didn't end up doing productive at all which is annoying etc.' so maybe if they are even slightly listening they will realise and at least apologise without you actually having to request an apology?!

I'm actually not sure why I even bother with her. She's very self centered and me saying something like that would go right over her head. So, it's not even worth the effort of saying something.

Why is my life full of unreliable people/friends!!!

Today I was supposed to go shopping and lunch with a friend. We had already rescheduled from last week as she supposedly 'forgot'. No she didn't forget, she just couldn't be bothered getting out of bed... she's a BAD liar!! :angry: :angry: :angry: And to contradict herself, she also told me that she thought I didn't want to go because I didn't text her the day before to confirm... It's lunch, not a bloody flight to Spain!!!!!!!

Her excuse today was that her garage called to change her MOT from tomorrow to today... No they didn't, she alreay told me they booked her car in tomorrow, I use the same garage and they never change appointments unless you ask them to. She just couldn't be bothered getting out of bed!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

And to top off my week, I was suppose to be meeting another friend tomorrow for lunch. He just text me to say that he has a meeting he forgot about... ARRRGGHHH!!!!

My whole 3 days off work ruined because of UNRELIABLE PEOPLE!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Friends and family may disappoint you every time, but your dog is always happy to see you!

sod em dani-i have had friends like this all my life-and i tell you what as soon as you sack them off they'll come running and just leave them to it-stick with the friends that treat you as you'd want to be treated and realise that life is too short to bother with people like that-it is something that i've only just recently learnt but you know what it doesn't matter how many friends you have, it's the QUALITY of the friend that counts xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dani, you have said it in a roundabout way - that girl is not a friend - friends don't do that to each other. Just a shame it's had an impact on your few days off work :angry: and I hope your other friend does have a meeting he forgot or he'd be getting the cold shoulder treatment too :angry: :angry:

Make up for it tomorrow & have a good few hours with your brother ... :D

Yes, she's deffinately not one of my 'good quality' friends and I don't know why I keep bothering with her.

As I said earlier on, she very self centered, probably doesn't even realise that she's peed mee off.

The second friend I do beleive had a meeting. I've known him forever and he's really forgetful (not good when you are a uni lecturer :blink: ).

Oh well, I know my little brother wont let me down. Or if he does he's in BIG trouble :P

Thanks guys, I'm glad I've got you as friends :D xx