Runny poo

Stormy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacob had really runny poos when we got him as a pup. The vet thought is may be parvot (i think that is how it is spelt). Luckily it wasn't. They told me off when I has told them I had starved him for 24 hours. They said it is strongly unadvised. If it doesn't clear up I would suggest taking shadow to the vets to get parvot checked out.

heres what ive been taught from Paul and Ivan from that website i was saying about and will be exactly the same for Shadow.

You wants 2-3% of an adult ideal body weight so for us 25kg = 500g per day broken down into three or four meals is the minimum, so with Logan we do 125g meals four times a day.

The ratio should be 80% meat 10% edible bone 5% offal and 5% liver, this is just a guide and will balance out over a month. Put simply if his poops are runny add more bone, if they are white and a little powdery reduce the bone.

Variety is the key to a good raw diet, you need a mixture of fish, red meat and white meat plus offal and liver to give him all the nutrients he needs, so heres what we feed Logan:

Chicken quarters (wing/leg plus some breast)

Braising steak

Pork Hock

Pork Steak

Lamb Heart

Lamb shoulder

Salmon Trimmings

Rabbit

Phesant

Any type of Liver

Any type of Kidney

Treats we feed natural yoghurt and cheese!

In terms of price we probably spend anywere between £25 - £40 per month, the reason it varies so much is because i go to the supermarkets when they throw the meat out thats about to go past its sell by date and the freeze it down into portions. This month for example ive managed to get everything for £15 :)

I will send you a menu via PM that we feed to give you an idea as it sounds complicated when you write it out like this but i promise its REALLY easy.

uh oh its back :( last time it sorted itself but i had lowered his food and gradually built up again i dont know if its the food hes not agreeing with no idea hes on james well beloved at the moment until i sort out my own place (soon this will be!) i cant feed raw etc as my bf;s parents dont let us have that much freezer space!

Right so i want to try the chicken and rice diet to hopefully sort things out if that doesnt work he will be going to the vets :( now what i need to know is how much rice do you cook and which kind of rice? do you cook the chicken with the rice how do you cook the chicken ?? How much chicken do i cook it so its completely cooked?? I know i sound stupid probably but i have no idea lol he is just over 14 weeks now or is it 15 :S lol and how many times a day currently he is fed three times a day and always has fresh water :)

I just want my boy to have hard poos :( he was getting really good on his toilet training before this also but weve backtracked a bit now well he only goes in one spot luckily hes just going a bit more often than he was when they were hard

on the well beloved website is recommends roughly 340-365g a day so obviously you can be a little less than that but thats still a lot less than what your currently able to give him. I would be suprised if its the food as his poop was solid before, is there anything in your room that he might be eating/chewing without you knowing? Like maybe a skirting rail that has been painted?

Obviously if it continues get the vet to check him over, but if hes happy and still his usual self i wouldnt worry too much.

He is fed three times a day half 7 then half 1 then between 6 and 7 he is fed 100 grams of James well beloved each meal

No I havnt starved him for 24 hours as it did go back to normal before I had to do that but has gone back to runny again it's more like a puddingy texture now

And no I havnt had his temperature checked