Runny poo

Stormy

well if he was mine i would do the following

1) raw chicken wings for 24-48hrs & then slowly introduce kibble again (you can also add a little actimal - the little bottle you see in the milk section)

if that doesnt work

2) starrve for 24hrs and introduce above

if that doesnt work then defo a trip to vets and check temp etc

However you can see what he's like if you feel he needs to go to the vet then he defo should get checked out, i assume he's drinking well and not dehydrated. do you know how to check for dehydration? - life the scuff of the neck and if it retracts back to his body he is fine, if it stays up he's dehydrated.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will get a lot of different ideas, up to you which you think is best. Raw chicken wings without the skin, cooked chicken and rice or just reduce the amount of food until hes happy again. Although you are on the low side of feeding already so wouldnt go much lower.

Like i said as long as hes happy and being himself dont worry too much, animals poop different to humans, just because it isnt solid doesnt mean hes got a problem. Just try one of the above ideas and im sure it wil sort itself out over time.

i have never done it myself but i would boil the chicken until cooked (literally put in boiling water and cook until no bloody). cook the rice as you would do for yourself.

Then serve to your dog. I would give about 20% rice and 80% chicken. And yes you can cook and store in fridge but you may want to take out of fridge a little before serving so pup isnt having fridge cold food.

As for the amount i think you will need to guage

Well since we've starved him he hasn't pood much atall and starting him on his chicken and rice tomorrow morning then I assume after a few days I mix a little bit of his kibble in and then increase bit by bit I've spent most of tonight cooking chicken as I had fajitas to lol

• 3 months later...

hi Jason and welcome

you may well find yor pup is runny due to the stress of leaving his mum and coming to his new home.

it can also depend on what and how much you are feeding him too,so let us know and some1 will be able to advise you better

i feed him 3 times a day once in the morning at 6.30 then afternoon at 1 and in the evening at 6.30. i feed him on james well beloved and feed him 100g per feeding. the person i got him from never wormed him of got his 8 week jab done or his 10 week. i took him to the vets but the tablets they gave me aint done nothing for him. i havent feed him since 1.30 yesterday afternoon and his poo is getting better. he also goes to the loo alot in my house. i put him out every hour but he holds it in untill i get back in the house. when he does go outside i make such a big fuss over it and give him a treat and then play ball with him for abit. i am using training pads but he wont use them

aww bless him,so have the vets given you wormer for him?

also,just cut his kibble down a little it will probably help but you are doing right with his 3meals daily.

as for the puppy pads there is a lot of people-me included-who wont use them,you are in effect teaching him its ok to go in the house,carry on with taking him outside regularily and every time he eats,plays and wakes from sleep,he'll soon get it.

all we need now is some pics of your pup and his name :)

Fox had a period of runny pooh when he was younger...it turned out he was developing an allergy to corn after an incident where my oldest son...being helpful decided that if he fed him more at once he wouldn't have to feed him twice a day. It took us ages to figure out what it was. We switched to a high quality food (TOTW), and fed Twice a day. It took about a week to clear up. He did great for a while and then we bought him milk bones not thinking cuz they were on sale...milkbones=runny poop again so we had to cut those out and find some better quality treats as well. Good luck, and a call into your vet certainly couldn't hurt at this point

Our Noushka suffered from tummy problems quite a lot when she was younger as she's half alsatian, so we started mixing scrambled egg with her dry food in the mornings & that normally binds her & it also help keep her coat shiney too....

I was told only to feed our huskies twice a day with moderate meals, as they have this inbuilt way of controlling their own diet, so if they're not too hungry, they won't eat what you put down for them unlike some ofther breeds who will just eat for the sake of eating!!

Our other Husky Akyra btw can eat anything she likes & very rarely gets a runny bum but when she breaks wind, it's enough to empty the house :huh:

i will get some pictures of jake up later today or tomorrow. i fed him chicken and rice today, did about 80% chicken and 20% rice and gave him 100g. i have had him outside all day so far and he still didnt go to the loo, not untill i let him back in the house.

Our Noushka suffered from tummy problems quite a lot when she was younger as she's half alsatian, so we started mixing scrambled egg with her dry food in the mornings & that normally binds her & it also help keep her coat shiney too....

I was told only to feed our huskies twice a day with moderate meals, as they have this inbuilt way of controlling their own diet, so if they're not too hungry, they won't eat what you put down for them unlike some ofther breeds who will just eat for the sake of eating!!

Our other Husky Akyra btw can eat anything she likes & very rarely gets a runny bum but when she breaks wind, it's enough to empty the house :huh:

Know what you mean, my best friend and I were transplanting fruit trees and getting more field stone for me, and my 13 week old Husky pup let one fly in the truck, and it made us rapidly roll down the windowslaugh.gifalso, the eggs thing is good too, along with chicken and rice to stiffen their stools.

post-3533-13585963369478_thumb.jpg

jakes belly is much better now :rolleyes: can i feed him raw chicken wings on the bone at 12 weeks old? after eating how long does it normal take for husky to pass it through? i fed him at 7.30 last night as finished work late and took him for a walk at 11.30pm and he never went then i put him to bed and at 12.00 and up at 6am and he still hasnt gone