Tao is poorly

Ron Tao&Sky

Tao is not his self tonight. It started last night at about 1am he was violently sick mostly clear liquid with a few small bits of wood. He threw up like this about 3 times. He seemed to be him self all day today and eat his meals, but tonight he started being sick again. This time like a light toffee coloured liquid. He is laid on my bed looking sorry for him self.

I have boiled up a pan of rice and will add some chicken to it in the morning and put him on that for a few days. He is also due to see the vet on Saturday morning for his post op check up. If he is no better in the morning I will try and see the Vet tomorrow..........Ron

Poor boy :( . . . you're doing the right thing.

Starve him approx 24 hours, see what comes out of both ends. As long as there is no blood either in the vomit or stools, then he's probably just eaten something dodgy. If he doesn't perk up in 48 hours he might have something stuck in there. Then it's off to the vets.

Husky hugs for the poor boy from my 3 :)

Aw, I hope he feels better soon! Isn't it just unbearable when they're not feeling well?

You might want to double check this one, but if there's any concern that he's eaten something sharp (ie, wood splinters), I've heard to feed them bread, which will hopefully surround the object before it passes. Although in this case I think checking with the vet sounds best!

Your poor boy needs husky hugs! I would hope that the rice and chicken are mild enough to settle whatever is in his stomach, but I also like the idea of waiting and seeing how his condition changes; i think you said you'd wait on the food until morning, and I'm thinking that's an appropriate amount of time. My question is- is he drinking water? That's a tell tale sign of something wrong. Hope your boy feels better quickly. Having a sick baby is gut wrenching.

Tao is not his self tonight. It started last night at about 1am he was violently sick mostly clear liquid with a few small bits of wood. He threw up like this about 3 times. He seemed to be him self all day today and eat his meals, but tonight he started being sick again. This time like a light toffee coloured liquid. He is laid on my bed looking sorry for him self.

I have boiled up a pan of rice and will add some chicken to it in the morning and put him on that for a few days. He is also due to see the vet on Saturday morning for his post op check up. If he is no better in the morning I will try and see the Vet tomorrow..........Ron

Your poor boy needs husky hugs! I would hope that the rice and chicken are mild enough to settle whatever is in his stomach, but I also like the idea of waiting and seeing how his condition changes; i think you said you'd wait on the food until morning, and I'm thinking that's an appropriate amount of time. My question is- is he drinking water? That's a tell tale sign of something wrong. Hope your boy feels better quickly. Having a sick baby is gut wrenching.

He is not drinking a lot of water and I have just been down stairs with him to let him out and he was more interested in checking the kitchen for food. He seemed very disappointed not to find any. He seems to be a bit more perky..............Ron.

You said he was due for a post-op check' date=' do you think this might be because of surgery?[/quote']

He had his snip over a week ago but i suppose it could be an after effect of it. He is up and has gone mad for his breakfast and is playing with Sky as if nothing was wrong. Just hope it was a mild tummy bug..............Ron

PS thanks every one for your concern. thumbs_up.gif

OK tao has had his rice and chicken and is in and out of the house playing with Sky. :happy: I went out and bought them a Kong each and guess what. They wanted to play with the packaging :laughing: He is booked in to the vets for 10 20 am tomorrow so I will let her have a look at him to be on the safe side. :happy: .........Ron