Speaking of Christmas

princessmom

I put any ornaments that are breakable up high, near the top (and will probably make sure to wire my tree in an upright position this year!), and only put more durable, plastic ornaments near the bottom. Don't use tinsel - it can cause major, major problems if swallowed, going through (hopefully through, anyway) the intestinal tract. blink.gif

Is there a way you can keep her out of the room using baby gates? I haven't ever had a problem with my critters and gifts under the tree, but then I've always been careful to not put anything in reach that had food or anything else that might smell good to them. I've had more of a problem with male dogs marking the tree (yuck!) or cats climbing it, than anything else - although the cats do like to play with the lower ornaments, come to think of it! tongue.gif

I did it last year and my pup was about Milla's age.. she did nearly pull it over once coz she was doing zoomies around the room ran behind it and tried to come out the other side got tangled in the lights and nearly had the whole thing over! Basically any time she went near it after that I made an AH AH noise and told her AWAY and she did.

This year I have another sibe to worry about and this ones a boy.. not usually prone to marking but Im not gunna tempt fate.. I have a small 3-4ft tree that Im gunna put up on our window seat type thing out of the way! :)

I did it last year and my pup was about Milla's age.. she did nearly pull it over once coz she was doing zoomies around the room ran behind it and tried to come out the other side got tangled in the lights and nearly had the whole thing over! Basically any time she went near it after that I made an AH AH noise and told her AWAY and she did.

This year I have another sibe to worry about and this ones a boy.. not usually prone to marking but Im not gunna tempt fate.. I have a small 3-4ft tree that Im gunna put up on our window seat type thing out of the way! :)

Oh my god Dakota did the exact same thing, dave had to hold the tree while I untangled her! But yeah we just gave her the no sound and she left it alone. Apart from a few stray baubles that fell off she was pretty good with the tree. Looking forward to this years.

Last year and the year before I sprayed a product called Simple Solutions Indoor Outdoor repellent on the bottom of the tree and where ever she could reach. It seemed to work great. And it doesn't smell to me. She left the tree alone even when we left her alone to go out to work or eat. Hopefully this year she will have learned her lesson. But I doubt it. 2 years old and still a puppy!!

Were very fortunate with Bo. He only wanted to steal candy canes from the tree and Kat just likes to sleep in the bottom branches or hidden away with the gifts under the tree. Not so sure how it will go with Ryn....she's more curious than Bo ever was, so can't imagine how this will go (and me a Christmas freak! decorations everywhere)

Am considering putting up a small fence around the tree.......

Best of luck to all of us! We may need it!