Rememberance Sunday

Saffmonster

I used to take my dad every year to the parade in the center of Oxford, it used to be great watching all the old boys marching down the road with there heads held high and medals shining in the moring sun, sadly as the years went on there ranks slowly got thinner, and scince my dad died ive not been down there, I have all my dads and grandads medals and I keep the shining for them.

In Rememberance

Edward Joseph Harris Died of wounds 11/08/1916 Mesopotamia

William John Plumridge Died of wounds 31/12/1915 France

Antony Rapley Killed in Action 25/03/1982 Northern Ireland

Reginald Harris Wounded 1917 France Died 1968

Donald Harris Wounded 1944 France, Germany 1945 Died 2006

We have been to our remembrance parade today too, Andy was playing in the leading band and my dauther Bronte was with the Guides and me and Jack marched at the side looking after a toddler who's mum and dad also play in the band. It is a really good parade and hundreds turn out.

we took my grandad down to wycombe parish church, he was in uniform with his medals ans wore his beret that bore his regimental pin

erik went in his air cadets uniform....

i think albert is one of the few men left of his brigade, he was in the tank regiment and fought in burma

we go and support him every year

Just Got Back from taking my Step-Dad Albert to the remeberance day in High Wycombe.

He's not strong enough to take part in the Parade, but still wears his regimental Jacket, Beret and medals proudly every year.

He served in India and Burma during the second world war in the Kings own 2nd Fusilliers (Tank Regiment)

This year my 13 year old son Joined him in his Air Cadets uniform, Albert was so proud to have him stood by his side. biggrin.gif