Detached Pad

Saffmonster

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi we had a few pad problems in the past with running them ect best thing for using booties is put them on both feet that way they will walk on them ,even tho they walk funny for a bit ours still do it even tho they where them a fair bit lol also we use something called mushers secret when have a pad injury just apply a few times a day and then put booties on to stop them licking it off it is a bit expensive but well worth it and will last a long time

steve

When my doggies get sore feet i get epsom salts in a small jug, sit with them 4 a while with the jug n then just gently dunk the paw.

Living right nxt to the beach they get sore cos of the sand n running all over the rocks covered in barnacles. It was recommended by the vets down here so it must be quite common down these parts.

Do u notice if her paws itch, u can tell when they r lyin down does she sometimes suddenly kick out or u know when they have a wee outside they some times scratch behind them (like they r tryin to spread it) does she do it indoors ?

It may have nothing to do with itchy feet but every idea is worth a try.

Em x

Another trip to the vets today. Antother and different batch of antibiotics. Lets see if they help.

And Saffi has been declared housebound for the next 2 weeks unless I can get her to wear the boot :(

I hope you can get Saffi to keep her boots on as it's not easy keeping them indoors.

This is Saffi with the first boot I bought and not looking very happy :(

001-10.jpg?t=1291376403

A friend recommened Pawz boot swhich are basically heavy duty balloons. She still fought me when I tried to get it on her but seemed ok with it after a few mins. I think it's because it's not a big bulky thing and she can still feel the floor. We'll see how it goes.

006-7.jpg?t=1291376403