A new addition.........

Lil Miss Bump

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks everyone.......him and oz are the best of friends already!! he follows oz like a little shadow and he's peeing and pooing on paper already :o i have some really cute pics of them curled up on the couch together that mike sent me this morning so i'll get them on when i get home........rosemary if you send me your email address i'll email you some pics :)

After someone having a bit of a dig about not giving pets as christmas presents I just wanted everyone to know Dexter's story

He was found as a stray the week before last wandering round I believe in a town centre......he was in a dogs home that is interested in nothing but money, he was in there over a week, hasn't been even brushed and is covered in matted fur.

Lisa went in there yesterday and was halfway through doing all the paperwork when she realised Dave would kill her if she got another dog-but she couldn't leave him there, so she rang me and that was that.

The only reason that Lisa said he was a christmas present is because she put the money for my present towards rescuing him as she said she felt like I was doing it just for her-which of course I wasn't.....anyone that meets him will see why mike and i immediately fell in love with him, she knew that I have been looking through all the dogs sites like GS Rescue and Dogsblog and even gumtree etc to find a GS that needed a home and it was like fate that Dexter was there the day that she went.

We are not the sort of people to give or receive dogs as presents but Lisa knows me better than some of my family and knew she wasn't giving it to a child who would be bored after 2 weeks.

I think you can all see how much we love Ozzy and how much he's come along since being with us and I'd like to think that Dexter has now got a chance of an amazing life with us.

Not only have you upset Lisa with this dig but myself also-we both support the 'dog is for life not just for christmas' topic but this is slightly different dont you think?

Diz :(

He is very cute Diz and I know that with you and Mike he would have been hard pressed to end up in a better forever home.

I have to say whomever had the dig really needs to understand what they are talking about.

Personally, I don't think there is a thing wrong with giving animals as presents. You just have to be responsible and know that the people you are giving them to are responsible. Yeah, I get you shouldn't give them to kids and stuff and we should definitely discourage people breeding animals just to have them given away/sold as presents but, really common sense suggests to me that it is far better to rescue dogs and give them as presents than it is to end up having them put down just because no one gave a crap.

If Sarah and I could afford it I'd want to have everyone give me presents like this one. Far better than euthanasia (sp?) would be.

After someone having a bit of a dig about not giving pets as christmas presents I just wanted everyone to know Dexter's story

He was found as a stray the week before last wandering round I believe in a town centre......he was in a dogs home that is interested in nothing but money, he was in there over a week, hasn't been even brushed and is covered in matted fur.

Lisa went in there yesterday and was halfway through doing all the paperwork when she realised Dave would kill her if she got another dog-but she couldn't leave him there, so she rang me and that was that.

The only reason that Lisa said he was a christmas present is because she put the money for my present towards rescuing him as she said she felt like I was doing it just for her-which of course I wasn't.....anyone that meets him will see why mike and i immediately fell in love with him, she knew that I have been looking through all the dogs sites like GS Rescue and Dogsblog and even gumtree etc to find a GS that needed a home and it was like fate that Dexter was there the day that she went.

We are not the sort of people to give or receive dogs as presents but Lisa knows me better than some of my family and knew she wasn't giving it to a child who would be bored after 2 weeks.

I think you can all see how much we love Ozzy and how much he's come along since being with us and I'd like to think that Dexter has now got a chance of an amazing life with us.

Not only have you upset Lisa with this dig but myself also-we both support the 'dog is for life not just for christmas' topic but this is slightly different dont you think?

Diz :(

For goodness sake get a grip woman. I put merlins status up because you reminded me that its that time of year. Its quite clear that you've adopted rather than just gone out and bought a prezzie. Im sorry to say this but the world does not revolve around you. Harsh, but if I wanted to slag you off for 1. announcng you have a pet at a gift 2. your pet appears to be ill and 3. implying to other less informed members of the fourm that yeah its okay to get a pet as a gift then I would PM you not do it over facebook. As that is my oppinion and you want to attempt to slag me off on here, there you go.

Appologies to marc and Sarah I know this isn't allowed but i am going to defend myself when someone wants to start trying to make out their being dug at. It is the last I will say on the matter and do not intend to return to this thread.

If you don't like my profile stattus on face book Aimee feel free to delete merlin