Hi from British Columbia, Canada

Okanagan~Girl

Hi everyone!

My name is Jessica, and I'm currently located in British Columbia, Canada. My love for huskies started when I was quite young, as I have always been drawn to their high energy and their mesmerizing eyes. I became fairly serious about getting a husky puppy about six months ago, and since then have been reading anything and everything I can get my hands on about the breed. I also admit I've been lurking on the forums for quite some time ...blushed.gif but I just wanted to thank you all for all the information I've learned from you all :)

Now that my boyfriend and I are finally out of an apartment and renting a house, we are another step closer to attaining our pup. We resign our lease in february and its then that I'm going to ask if we can commit to buying our husky pup and get written permission form our landlords, which I don't see as being a problem.

The reason we have opted for a pup instead of a rescue dog is because we have two birds and a ferret, and while I know that we would never be able to trust them alone together, I feel we would have an easier time training a pup not to fixate on our smaller fur and feather babies.

I look forward to learning more about husky ownership from all of you, and look forward to the day I can finally post pictures of our own husky furbaby!! :)

Hi, Jessica welcome to the forum if you have any questions about bringing up your new furbaby

don't hesitate to ask. :D

Hi Jessica. Welcome. When you get your furbaby, make sure to post lots of pics. Enjoy the forum.

Hiya, Jessica, welcome on board :wave:

It's good to hear you're doing your research & waiting for the right time to jump into husky ownership, I wish there were a lot more that did! ;) And it's good you've weighed up getting a rescue or pup, it is definitely a big factor ....

Look forward to seeing pics of your little zoo :D