Zero weeing please help?

yamahar6wme

Hey guys need some help our zero is 24 months old and still wees in the house sky is fully trained. He only does it when we go out we could be out for 5 min and he would have weed everywhere he doesnt do it when were at home only when were our they sleep in our room and last all night without wanting the toilet thats from about 10/11pm untill about 6.30ish longer if weekend. I am really struggling because its starting to smell the house out and i hate the smell ive tried b leaching it cleaning it so he cant sence where he weed but he still does it also straight after eating he will wee its getting out of hand we have tried rewarding when he does it outside but no affect as i said only does it when were our even for shot periods aand he wees a lot

Has Zero always done this or is it a more recent thing?

You can buy products to clean and mask the scent of the area where he's weed but I found a washing powder solution to be far more effective.

I presume Zero hasn't got any medical issues that might explain the urinating immediately after eating

I agree.. if he is still urinating inside I would try crating him..

Most don't like sleeping in their own urine.. so would definately be an option..

The other thing you mentioned he does it straight after eating.. maybe you could try feeding him outside for a bit ??

ETA - it's mentioned he does it when you are out.. it could also be caused by anxiety at you leaving maybe ??

were not sure about zero past as we have only had him about3/4 months he is brilliant when were about but he has just weed in the house when the back door was open he has one testical which he needs operating on as the other hasnt dropped and is in his stomach weve tried the crate before but he got out of it not sure how but he did so not sure how he would be in the crate i just dont want to come home every day after work to have to clean after him the amount of bleach and disinfectant we go through is unbelievbale we have tired those pet products to mask the smell but didnt work he doesnt always do it in the same place it varies i love him to bits and would never get rid of him for this but its pulling on my strings his behavour is getting out of hand he attacks other males he never used to he jumps on our concervertory door and licks it so we have to clean it every day which is a nightmare big door heres a pic of the two of them this time sky is jumping at the door because i am taking pics but he does it more.

Hi,

Have you trained him to be left alone?

What I mean is can you leave him in a room with door closed for a few seconds, then re enter, make a fuss etc. And repeat with a little bit longer each time. As you are not sure of his history it may be necessary to take him right back to basic training as if he were a puppy!

yes we tried that when we first got him becuase he used to jump up the doors which shuck the whole house at night now we have them sleep with us at night he is funny some days he is fine left elone ill come home no mess so they both get a reward but most time i come home n he has weed every where so i only praise sky

hi

sounds like hes just marking his terrortory to me its a male thing as for the undesended testicle please get it sorted asap as it can cause major problems and prob be the only thing to stop him spaying around the house this will stop as soon after he been done

we where quite lucky with our 2 boys they never spayed or done anything indoors until one off our male pups came back and sprayed on table leg now its a bloody nightmare when girls in season as poor table leg gets it every time now a habit thats vey hard to stop but will do with time

steve

no he isnt marking his terotery because he doesnt do in the house its the concervertory he has done it twice today the door was wide open for him to be able to go outside but he weed inside its pulling my strings i could uderstand if he couldnt get outside but the door was wide open i am pulling my hair out

In some sense your not alone, Kodi has started 'marking' in the house. He is fully toilet trained and has only started doing this recently, but does it when we are out. Little bits in scattered places, tried to use all of the cleaning techniques with no luck. So he'll be off to the vets soon to have 'THE OP'.... Bless him... he doesn't know yet!!!