Fitness Fanatic?

Marc

Thought this would make for an interesting conversation on here since we have people of all ages, shapes, sizes, and most of all fitness levels.

It's occured to me more and more over the past few weeks just how unfit I am getting. I have gone from being IMO extremely fit, doing Thai Boxing 3 times a week and working in a very active job at the time to now sitting on my backside for a job then sitting on my backside at home for a hobby (this place and other websites).

So I have decided tonight I am going to get fit again. I dont just want to get back in shape a little, but become extremely fit and active so that I feel good. I dont mean in an "I feel good about myself" kinda way, but I mean phisically feel healthier than I do at present because basically at the moment I have a cold every other week, my knees hurt constantly, I can pull a muscle without even knowing I have done it and by the time I come back from some meets I feel like I have been out jogging all day. I figured Im 31 Years old and its ridiculous.

Has anyone else done this? I mean gone from a phisically inactive state to being what they would consider to be phisically fit?

Well i went from super fit in marines to injury an hospital bed for just under 6 months followed by hydro therapy an physio i was unable to walk unaided for just over a year getting fit again sucked i had no motivation at all then i got quiet fit again not having a car helped I know from experience that when we have options of being lazy we take them and make excuses for our selves like its only one trip or its raining etc tec .. list is endles I try to put my self in situations where i have to get off my ass to do things purely because if i dont then im screwed for having any other options to do what i need to do so i gotta ge up an walk etc

I have also joined a gym that i use in the mornings after work i chose to only do mornings so its loads cheaper i pay £27 a month for mondays to friday morning usage as to the normal 36 a month.

I have pretty much cut y drinkig to every other weekend if that.

I have always been a fan of pasta meals etc good for carbs etc i have salad rolls for breakfast with orange juice a tell ya what its amazing and refreshing way to wake up no caffine as i hate coffee but i do drink tea onl at work.

I hate spending my only 2 days off a week doin nothing so im always out and about with my dogs thou i do find motivation an arse some times but also trying to get back to where i was not easy at all

I also do tai chi and ghoing back in to shaolin gung fu as of dec

No, I certainly wouldn't classify myself as fit. We do have a small home gym and I do my morning routines, but nothing more than that. I am not overweight and I watch what I eat because I would hate to have to do more exercise than I already do. My husband is a marathon runner and is super fit, but the huskies still run him ragged when he takes them out for a run.

I'm aiming to do a half marathon next May, so I'm working on it now....

I've never liked running, but since having Mickey, I'm getting to enjoy it much more - I take him out for about a mile and a half each morning before work, which sets me up nicely for the day - I run with him and some other Swindon Husky owners on a Monday night - at the moment we're doing a 5K route. I've also joined a group called parkrun - they organise free 5Ks each Saturday - you just have to register once on their website, and you can go and run at any of the courses - there's one at Heaton park which isn't too far from you, is it? (Most of their courses allow running with dogs as well, so the furries get their exercise too).

finally, I use my smartphone to track where I've been and how long I've taken - I use a tool called MyTracks on Android, it records where I've been, average speed, speed when you've been moving (handy when you're running with a dog!) and I can record my progress as I go on....

It's like you read my mind Marc!!

I was a gym freak going 6/7 days a week doing running, spinning, body pump, boot camp and anything else that gave me a hadrcore workout!

Things changed in my life and I moved away from my local gym so i suddenly stopped going. I have always had the intention to start up running again but over a year on I haven't done anything about it :mellow:

Now I have a walking belt and I WILL be going out running with Tikaani (to help with his scooter trainig also), its just getting back into the swing of things again :blink:

I have too much going on with horses, dogs work etc to justify joining a gym again but I definately miss it and feel sooo flabby & lazy compared to what i used to be & I have constant back ache!

Its a shame we dont all live closer as we could meet for runs to give eachother motivation :D

I went from being a lazy arse - doing nothing (apart from chase around the kids and dogs) to doing Judo twice a week with the kids. Only being doing it myself for the past 18 months, but have lost a load of weight and feel much better! I get the occasional pulled muscle now, compared to the 1 every week when I first started!

However, I'm now focussed on competition fighting for next year so need to get my ass down to the gym! Problem I've got with that is motivation - spending 8 hours at work with 30 kids is tiring! All I want to do at the end of that is sit down and relax!

I joined the army 14 years ago and was super fit, over the years food and beer have done me no favours, alongside shoulder and neck injuries and now I am probably the unfittest I have ever been

My motivation should be their to get fit with my job next year but it's way too cold to go running :D

Well I have gone from being someone who when the urge to exercise took me I sat down till it went away... to becomeing a dog walker so upping my levels of activity to walking alot, to then owning two huskies who loooove to run! So while I wouldnt class myself as SUPER fit, I can now make a mad dash for the bus, get it and not die of lack of oxygen while doing it! Which is good for me! :lol: Im now also just about breaking into scootering so again this will up my fitness level... I think Im doing it the best way, in stages, I wont be running the london marathon any time soon but I could walk for bloody miiiiiiles! :)

Hmmmm i'd class myself as un fit to average but saying that i'm hardly ever ill and never seem to pull muscles or damage myself, i don't smoke don't drink don't do drugs and don't have any health issues so kinda figure i'm ok for now, I did start weight lifting and cycling a few years ago but just kinda starting finding other things to do so it got put to one side.......... and now i'm thinking about it again cheers guys laugh.gif

Hmmm where do I start..

I have gone from doing a fair bit of exercise - home gym and seven years of martial arts.. to nothing other than running about after kids.. to now walking everywhere *car off the road till tomorrow hopfully but still want to walk places* and walking/jogging with Neo.

I need to tone my legs up and the wobbly butt - but being someone who suffers panic attacks and general self conscious attitude I hate gyms and don't like swimming unless it's a life saving emergency..

I really need to get my arse *and legs* in gear and get back into either martial arts or ball room *yes I did that at the ages of 7-9 but loved it*

Time is the only issue.. what with three kiddlies, Neo and a business it's either up earlier than I already am - or bed later than I already am.. and sitting on here is therapy :)

OK so gonna start off with a little fun game to get me started

http://hundredpushups.com

Gonna be honest here (and probably get Sarah to adjudicate at times) and see if I can show myself as a guide for others should I manage to be able to do it. Baring in mind I am very very unfit, so Im hoping if I put in on here and I manage to succeed then others might think "I fancy a go at that now" and if I fail then others might think "Ill bet I can do it if he cant" LOL .... win win.

So, here goes. My first step is to complete the initial test, after which I should take 2 days to recover before continuing along tyhe plan than my level on that test suggests.

Here's the table.

init.jpg

I have spokento my old sifu an dgoig back to martial arts fridayays an sat i will also be doing tai chi which is more hard workl than you think very good internaly for you and get my weapons licence back so i can continue my 3 section staff i love martial arts only stopped for personal reasons

But I'm back baby lol

Excellent m8. May be going back to do Thai Boxing at some point, but for now just gonna concentrate on fitness then I can go onto adding some flexability in there.

So I've just done my initial test anyways, and managed a measly 18 push ups before I hit the deck.... This puts me in the third category on this table for push ups, so going to give it the 2 day recommended break (what already?) and do exactly what it says on the tin. So day 1 will be Weds I do believe. Thats gonna be a hard one LOL

wk1.jpg