Ears

Taylor Piskorski

i think it varies n they can have them down for quite a while but they should all be sticking up soon - they look sooooooooooooooooooo cute when their ears are floppy lol

I knoww, they flop around while they're running and its sooo cute. The reason why I'm asking is because my aunt Katie (who is taking a pup) wanted to know

Depends on how large or small their ears are - longer ones will take longer to stand up straight, shorter ones will stand sooner. I would say by 6-7 weeks they should be pretty well up, although you might have a floppy one here or there. Ear length seems often to go along with length of bone, and your dogs look like they have lots of that (nice!)! rolleyes.gif

We got Daughtry at 8 weeks and she had one upright, and one floppy.

it didn't straighten up for about another 4-5 weeks.

She looked so cute with one floppy tho' biggrin.gif

The ears will do their own thing for the first few months. If the ears aren't standing by the time the pup is done teething then they wont ever stand. This is why ear posting must be done prior to teething in order to have any effect on how the ears sit or stand (depending on the desired effect). The old lines in Sibes tend to have ears that take longer to stand. Vixen and her littr mates didnt stand their ears until about 6 weeks old.