Hello From the Sunny (ish) Yorkshire Dales!

Jager

Hello! *waves*

I randomly found this site thanks to an article in Dogs Monthly! Id never seen the magazine before but behold, i should find it when it had stats on the breed i love so much. I did do a happy dance in the pet shop too, but i don't think anyone saw me :)

Anyway i don't have a husky yet (that's the downside) but my partner and i do have a german shephard who he rehomed nearly 5 years ago now! He's an old boy but i love him to pieces, & im glad we managed to get him out of the kennels!

I am soon going to be in the position where (finally) i will be able to get my husky, just wondered if anyone knew any breeders in the Yorkshire area? Ive done alot of ground work on the breed & ive been interested in them for around 10years...think ive read almost every book on them now :lol:

Just managed to pay my car off (bought a bigger car for my boy, & for future huskies...my little ford ka couldn't cope) so will be moving into a new house in January *hurrah*!

I did have a little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel called Snoopy, but unfortunately after 10years he had heart problems & his lung collapsed so i had to let him go.

Ive had 3 years doggy free (except my partners dog, who of course loves me more :rolleyes:) so the new year is def' the time for me to take the husky plunge!

Sorry for rabbiting on...anyway, back to the point!

Hello everyone :D x x

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the Pack. I'm in the US, so can't help you on finding a Husky in the UK. Have you given any thought to providing a home to a rescue Husky? That would avoid the puppy stage, though some actually look forward to that part. Anyway, good luck on your quest.

hello from the north east....no sun here!! :(

good luck in your search for your new baby u so wont regret it,although feel its only fair to warn you....

1 quickly becomes 2 then so on and so on(room permitting) :)

are you wanting a puppy or will you consider re-homing like you did with your german shephard?

either way you'l av many friends on here,i'm fairly new and they are a great bunch with loads of knowlegde.

welcome to the pack :) that would be the article with me and Blaze in it you saw :D lol glad it brought some fellow husky owners (even ones who dont have huskies yet) to the site :)

Yes! Your dog is beautiful! I'd never heard of this website before then so thank you very much :D

& i have thought of rehoming a husky, although ive never personally had a dog from puppy stage so i am looking forward to that part. Although i have considered that my boy is getting on a bit now so after him i will rehome another dog. Ive always been used to two or three in the house. Just need to see how i cope with the first one haha :P

It should work well as i work days & my boyfriend works nights, so were a doggy shift team!

Hello welcome to the pack :)

Your GSD is stunning :wub: I can't help you much looking for a breeder in Yorkshire as live too far away apart from we found our breeders from KC breeders database. Have you thought of a rescue or maybe fostering aswell, I know there are plenty of sibes and sibe mixes looking for loving homes :)

Look forward to seeing you around the forum, feel free to ask any questions and share your doggy experiences with us all :)

All the best

Welcome, you've certainly found the best place for Husky info support and advice.

When you finally get one this is your One Stop Shop for everything Husky related. biggrin.gif

If you look at my signature and Avatar you'll see we have a White GSD (Echo) who was also a rescue.

Good luck with your search for a breeder and as others have said why not consider a rehome. There are Husky rescue centres that need

new homes and also members on here who for various reasons need to rehome their furbaby.

join in we're not ALL mad, just some of us. tongue.gif

Hello! *waves back!* Your GSD is a babe... whats his name? We loooove doggy pics of any breed here so feel free to upload!

And yep Im ALSO gunna say it... rescues!! Second hand dogs give first class love.. they really do! As Im sure you know having a rescue already!

If you are dead set on puppy... hava check on SHWAUK website... I know they have just had two whelping bitches in so will be looking to rehome pups early in the new year! If thats too soon then as suggested check out the KC lists and also the adds for litters in dogs today (another dog mag, but one with VERY high standards before they will advertise a breeder so a good place to start!)

Good luck in your research and anything you cant find just shout up! We're a freindly bunch and also feel free to come along to any meet ups you can make good place to test drive walking a few huskies to see if you can cope with the pull! :lol:

Hiya :wave: welcome to the pack

You will find practically everything covered on here, if not - shout up, there's always someone to lend a hand & offer good advice

I love GSD's your fella is gorgeous, love the pic :wub:

Many suggestions here on how to start your search for a husky - don't forget, rescues have pups too ;):D

Thanks for all your help (and hellos)! feel very welcome already!

I did email zoox but only got one reply so i might try give them a call and pop over for a visit as she said anyone who wishes to purchase a puppy must go before hand to be vetted so to speak, which i totally agree with. You need to make sure these days that everyone knows the ins & outs and is dedicated.

I will def' be looking into rehoming though, i know from my GSD that they have so much unconditional love its unreal, & he's called Raz! Being an old fella' he already had that name when we got him!

I live in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. Pretty close to Leeds/Bradford. Work out in a place called Blubberhouses, beautiful resevoir just down the road which is amazing for walks....although my furbaby always goes swimming then soaks me in the car :lol:

Andy Echo looks lovely! I can see me having huskies & GSD along the way haha, i'll be the crazy dog lady before long :D

Thanks again for all your help, & i would LOVE to come on some meets so will check those out!