would a flexi giant help?

BingBlaze n Skyla

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you worried about happening if he sees another dog and you can't reel him in fast enough?

I don't trust those kinds of leashes and I wouldn't use one myself, IMO it encourages the dog to pull, and takes control away from the handler. Each to their own but as someone who owns a dog aggressive dog I'd never have him on a flexi leash.

nix i agree with bec

i will sometimes have darwin and daughtry on a flexi/retractable but never echo, she is way too aggressive to be allowed that sort of freedom.

if she is even 5ft away on lead and hauls a£$e towards another dog, i dont have a hope in hells chance of holding on or reeling her in.

im lucky that echo has great recall and even when uptight will return to me (fyi she is a gsd peeps)

but no i wouldnt advise one on blaze.

its up to you at the end of the day but with his aggression i wouldnt chance it

What are you worried about happening if he sees another dog and you can't reel him in fast enough?

I don't trust those kinds of leashes and I wouldn't use one myself, IMO it encourages the dog to pull, and takes control away from the handler. Each to their own but as someone who owns a dog aggressive dog I'd never have him on a flexi leash.

he can be fear agressive - especially if they are offlead but he is getting better and calmer - also i would like when i see another dog to have him close so i have more control over him incase said dog is across a road dont want him running across a road if he has that freedom - i know people will say DONT use it near a road but i feel if you have control of the lead then it shouldnt matter, mine do know they have 2 stop and wait at roads but if they see another dog they want to say hi

nix i agree with bec

i will sometimes have darwin and daughtry on a flexi/retractable but never echo, she is way too aggressive to be allowed that sort of freedom.

if she is even 5ft away on lead and hauls a£$e towards another dog, i dont have a hope in hells chance of holding on or reeling her in.

im lucky that echo has great recall and even when uptight will return to me (fyi she is a gsd peeps)

but no i wouldnt advise one on blaze.

its up to you at the end of the day but with his aggression i wouldnt chance it

hes getting better is SOOOO much calmer when we do see another dog now :)

he can be fear agressive - especially if they are offlead but he is getting better and calmer - also i would like when i see another dog to have him close so i have more control over him incase said dog is across a road dont want him running across a road if he has that freedom - i know people will say DONT use it near a road but i feel if you have control of the lead then it shouldnt matter, mine do know they have 2 stop and wait at roads but if they see another dog they want to say hi

hes getting better is SOOOO much calmer when we do see another dog now :)

thats great,

but there will be that 1 dog that he must eat!!!!

echo is great for a few weeks and then one day.........im gonna eat dog in far distance

try it mate...it might work brilliantly. only you know your dog.

i just dont wanna see you or blaze getting hurt

yeh it will probs be the rottie akita x that he HATES dunno y but this dog really gets to him

after takin him out on the flexi last night n him just running im probs not gonna get the giant anyway - skyla walks fine on the flexi we have so dont need to get a bigger one for her either

yeh it will probs be the rottie akita x that he HATES dunno y but this dog really gets to him

after takin him out on the flexi last night n him just running im probs not gonna get the giant anyway - skyla walks fine on the flexi we have so dont need to get a bigger one for her either

awww bless him with echo its my neighbours staffy mia!

darwin and daughtry love mia cos she is a lovely friendly girl and is a credit to the breed but echo cant stand her