watched the news?

BingBlaze n Skyla

Are there any online articles that talk about this? All I can find on the BBC and Sky news websites say it'll last until at least next week but nothing mentions next year?? Areas of high pressure like the one we have now don't usually last more than a couple of weeks at a stretch before low pressure moves in. When it does it'll get warmer.

That just explains why this weather system has moved in, it doesn't explain why it's expected to last that long. A month is an extremely long time for a single weather system to last, and it would also be unusual to get a number of the same weather systems to move in one after the other. I could believe it if these news reporters were saying that we will continue to get snow throughout the winter, but I'd expect there to be breaks of a week or so where there is no snow and the snow we have starts to thaw.

It's high pressure that's bringing this cold weather with snow, low pressure would bring rain and milder temperatures. Usually one follows another, so we would have a week or so with high pressure - snow etc - then that would leave to make way for the low pressure - so it would get slightly warmer, snow would melt, and it would rain - then high pressure could move in again bringing more snow. That's believeable. This has got to be a pretty stubborn weather system if it wants to stick around for over a month! :P

thanks Nix, you've put me in a fowl mood now!!!! pmsl :P

We only had one snowfall and now it's so compacted it's slippery and I can hardly walk Storm as I can't stay upright!!! :blink:

However I did take him up the field near my house on his 5 foot lead which he loved, tried to run with him and he ended up pulling me as he's faster!!! :blink::lol:

no snow here, but it rained last night and then froze, so now we have slippery snow, and black ice :blink:

Not Fun!

Same here, send me some snow please tongue.gif