Another newbee

Roxy1

Helloo All- and Happy Holidays-

Just came across this site,(glad I did)

My name is George and just rescued a 1 year old female that had been taken by animal control

for the third (and final) time for abuse from the previous owner.

They had to keep her for a month just to get her into condition to adopt out.

My wife and I were the 1st to see her on the 1st day she was available for adoption. Sooo glad we were there.

We had just put our previous rescue to sleep (the day before) after 12 years and it was a sudden thing.

She was not a sibe, but was the absolute best family/companion dog anyone could have.

So here comes Roxy, and after the terrible start in life she had, she still has the disposition of a dog that wants nothing

but to love and please. She has the sweetest disposition.

Anyway- I look forward to reading, seeing, getting advice etc.

My wife and I have fallen in love with her already and have done quite a bit of research on huskies,

and my wife will join the site on her computer also.

We love reading all your stories and seeing the pics.

I'll get roxy's posted too.

Thanks for the site-

George

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi George, welcome to the Forum. Thank you so much for giving Roxy a good and loving home, she looks so comfortable on her pillow :) It always amazes me that people can mistreat, and abuse, such wonderful animals. They are not the easiest of breeds to have, but with a bit of research, which is necessary in order to understand them, they are the most amazing animals to share your home with. Looking forward to seeing you around the forum. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, there is always someone around to help.

Welcome to the forum :) Roxy is beautiful, such a pretty colour! That's great you've given her the forever home she deserves, poor thing sounds like she's had such a bad start. It's only up from here! :D Everyone here is insanely friendly, if you have anything you want to ask or discuss just post a thread up, you'll get a great response!

Thanks all for your hospitality and being so welcomeing.

Yes, Roxy now has a Great home- and now we just have to concentrate

on her gaining some weight, some training (after stich removal from her being spayed)

and rebuilding her confidence in people-

She seems to be off to a good start-

Thanks again-

George & Sheryl

Welcome to George, Sheryl and Roxy.

This is the BEST Husky forum in the WORLD biggrin.gif

While you're obviously not new to dogs, you may find some differences with Sibes.

So, any questions you have just post a thread in the appropriate section and someone will leap in with

their thoughts on the matter. biggrin.gif

Welcome to the wonderful world of being owned by a Husky laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

hi and welcome to the pack :D

Congrats on taking on a rescue - there's a saying - second hand dogs give first class love......i'm sure you're finding that already :)

Look forward to seeing you both around the site :)

Thank you all- I def agree with that saying- I've rescued several dogs in my life and it ALWAYS seems the sweetest ones are the ones that end up abused- or maybe they just REALLY appreciate the love when they finally get it.

welcome to the forum, glad to see your not spoiling Roxy. :rolleyes:

LMAO - She had just came home - we picked her up from the pounds vet after being spade 1st.

Soooo- still doped up - hurtin and a house she'd never seen, my wife thought she'd make her comfy.

Trust me- she won't get the blanket ever again- just the bed.

and toys

and treats - but thats all

Oh and carrots

and love

But nothing else-

except walks to park and Petsmart

and------------------------------------