Snow in Dorset

siberian_wolf

Wow, so jealous. We still haven't had more than about half a centimetre. DAMMIT . biggrin.gif

Looks like your pack are having an absolute ball out there in the snow.

Thanx for sharing. biggrin.gif

ok there's two ponies on Upton Heath where I usually go, I'm not sure if they are wild or belong to the nearby stables but whilst enjoying the snow with gizmo we got spotted and they started to wonder over too us:

from this distance...

gallery_44_2_180661.jpg

then one came closer...

gallery_44_2_208286.jpg

and closer...

gallery_44_2_109.jpg

and then too close!!

gallery_44_2_154803.jpg

and this one came following behind as the other wondered off

gallery_44_2_255631.jpg

gallery_44_2_132701.jpg

gallery_44_2_157440.jpg

more pics on the way

So as I can't use our rig yet, still, I decided to use the snow and closed schools to my advantage ;)

I don't have a sled of my own. I did use my own @rse as a sled at one point with Gizmo going down a rather steep slippy slope but I thought all these children off school have sleds and where they all was there wasn't much of a slope for them. So I go and get Bandit, put his harness on and go out with a long double-ended lead and asked a parent out with their two kids if I could "borrow" their children and sled to help train Bandit pulling a weight behind him. One of the kids wasn't too sure at first but one couldn't wait to try! So hooked Bandit up to their sled and with a little push from the child and my taking hold of Bandit to help him get going and stop him running off too fast we were off! Ran around the field a little and then the other child decided they wanted a go so we went off again :D The next thing I noticed was we then a line of kids wanting to have a go! I thought OMG and Bandit though "lets go lets go lets go" He absolutely loved it :D and the kids really enjoyed it too.

Where I was busy running around with bandit I didn't get any pics of him actually pulling the kids around but got a few of him in his harness during the rest of the walk. Bandit slept VERY well when he got back, bless him

gallery_44_2_34116.jpg

gallery_44_2_143638.jpg

the girl on the sled was Bandit's first child to pull on a sled

gallery_44_2_97897.jpg

gallery_44_2_99637.jpg

gallery_44_2_109456.jpg

gallery_44_2_128035.jpg

gallery_44_2_112170.jpg

thats all the photos, I've taken loads more which are on my facebook accound but the rest are all scenery pics

Aww looks like theire having a great time

they were :D

awwww they look like they're having so much fun!!!!!

they LOVE the snow :D definately snow dogs lol

Wow, so jealous. We still haven't had more than about half a centimetre. DAMMIT . biggrin.gif

Looks like your pack are having an absolute ball out there in the snow.

Thanx for sharing. biggrin.gif

I would say you could come down and have some fun but its all gone now :( the rain came and turned it all to extremely slippy ICE!!! its all been washed away now but the clouds are looking like we may have more ;)

They are having such an obviously glorious time! Great pics...thanks for sharing!

They were! They didn't come in all day