Heart Attack central

Stevo Smith

I just got in from walking Maya and OMFG what a nightmare....all was going well i was stood at community center waiting for my Mrs to come out of baby massage and Maya slipped out of her harness....now i know Sibe's are escape artist's but i wasn't expecting that......she just ran towards where alotments are but the fence's are crap if im honest and there are cows on other side which she has shown intrest in...i thought what do i do?....instinct is to run after her but i have been reading topics on here not to do that but run the other way.So i legged it in opposite direction and it worked.....she thought it was a game and came running after me luckily i had a small bag with me which she thought had treats in so she sat down wanting one it just goes to show how useful this forum is and what vital info can be gained from it.......if i hadn't of joined this forum i doubt i would have thought of that so thank you Husky-owners.com :D

Maybe before you spend more money on a new harness, check how it is fitted. Ours fit very snug and it would seem nearly impossible for them to get out of it. So glad you got her back fast. We have all had those heart attack moments. So far, I've only had one escape with my crew, but I anticipate more!

agree with nancy - check its tight enuf - it should be like a collar only being able 2 fit fingers between the dog and the harness, or if you want to get a new 1 i reccomend the ezydogs - i only know 1 sibe who slipped out of it and that was lindas odin? (i think it might have been thor lol)

but even blaze who jumps around n backflips he hasnt been able 2 get out of his, just make sure he is measured up properly before you get 1

So glad you got her back.

We have found the NOT chasing thing to work very well.

As long as they are not actively chasing something, then it's a good technique.

Also consider using a police type lead. It has clip connectors at both ends.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Police-Style-Training-Double-Ended-Dog-Lead-Strong-Clip-/280590341714?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item41547cd652#ht_1873wt_1139

nylon-police-lead-tracking-dog-leash-Working-Dog_LRG.jpg

One clips on the harness and the other to the normal collar.

It gives you extra stopping power should they "yank"

and also if they do slip out of the harness they are still attached by the collar.

Well done for remembering the run away trick :D

We use Rogz harnesses and police style leads for both Maia and George. They're both excellent and the Rogz harness has a clasp lock so if it's fitted properly even if the clasp fails the harness stays in place B)

btw: A husky slipping its harness is responsible for my forum username :D

I know what you mean about heart attack. We had a storm yesterday afternoon and the wind blew open our front door. Out sprinted Meika running down the road. My husband jumped into the car to go find her (My husband said he's never swore or cursed so much :lol: . All he could think of was how i'd never be the same again if he didn't get my Meika back ) Luckily 10 minutes later my neighbour rang saying she had just run up their driveway. So in the pouring rain, i ran over and got her. I've never been so relieved. I had thoughts of her getting hit by a car as it was the time of day when everyone gets home from work.

I googled the link for the lead and a dialog box popped up telling me it connected to adult content sites....what are we selling here?:unsure:

just tried the link on a works PC and it takes me to the correct ebay page.

I think you may have some MALWARE which is trying to redirect your browser to some "naughty" pages.:o

Try Ccleaner google it it's free, and Malwarebytes anti malware.

Good luck :D