London - where to stay & what to do?

Val (Zebedee)

Advice please! Steve & I have bought tickets to Peter Kaye at the O2 arena in London next June. We will probably be going down on the Saturday morning & staying till the Tuesday (the show is on the Monday night). Does anyone know decent places to stay, best way to get to the O2, etc, etc? It has been YEARS since I was in London .... :rolleyes::D

we went to london for mike's birthday the first year we were together.............we got a room on www.lastminute.com.com as a mystery hotel and it was gorgeous-turned out to be

http://www.hotels-london.co.uk/park-plaza-riverbank-london.hotel

the first bedroom that comes up is identical to the one we stayed in.......but it only cost us £30 for the both of us as we'd booked it as the mystery................

we went to see the lion king at the lyceum(sp) theatre and it was the most amazing show i've ever been to (and i've been to a lot!!!) we also saw wicked-which IMO was a bit of a let down but my friend has seen it 5 times now!!!

if you stay in london you can get the subway direct into the 02,

um there are museums and theatres....london dungeons,madam tussauds, buckingham palace...

go on a ripper tour...there is plenty to do, just look around

oh and shop!!!!!!

be aware prices of food and drink in the 02 complex are extortionate so try and eat before you go in...

the beer in the venue is also expensive...

if you take any bottles into the auditorium they will remove the lid!!!!!!!!!

this is to stop people throwing projectiles at the artists!!!!

have a great time while you are thee

kelly

we went to london for mike's birthday the first year we were together.............we got a room on info-icon.png Superior Double/Twin Sleeps 2 | Breakfast not included Available 0 1 2 3 0 1 2 0 N/A £500.40 Ready to make a booking? info-icon.png Executive Double/Twin Sleeps 2 | Breakfast not included Available 0 1 2 3 0 1 2 0 N/A £554.40

Thanks, Lin, will keep this in mind :) xx

Like the sound of catching a boat there, thanks for the tip :up: