Skyla's 1st bike ride

BingBlaze n Skyla

didnt use the walkydog cuz it was getting dark n i didnt have the patience to set it up lol, so i just put her in her harness and clipped her lead around the front of the handle bars n set off, little bit slow to start with but we soon picked up a gentle pace me slowly peddling behind her whilst she trotted just ahead of the bike - so she needs to learn to run/pull once shes in her harness :rolleyes: who thought that would be said about a sibe lol - she just doesnt pull!

we saw 2 cats - 1 she ran towards but once we got to the end of the path where we turn (we did our walk route) she re-focused and carried on, she saw a dog so pulled abit faster - and ran - so i stopped but i let her say hi to the dog or she wouldnt have behaved when we carried on, then we saw the other cat, it was sitting in the middle of the path n didnt want to move! so i made my cousin chase it away but it didnt go far <_< lol but other than that she did really well and i cant wait to either - sort out the walkydog or just get her out there again on her lead :)

no pics because it was dark, but i will get pics next time i promise :)

lol i am NOT taking Blaze out on the bike, as much as he would be an awesome worker, he would not stop! lmao , im sure she will get the hang of it soon tho - shes just too un-husky-like for a husky lol

im hoping that if she wont pull she will atleast keep up and learn to run in sync with the bike :)

didnt use the walkydog cuz it was getting dark n i didnt have the patience to set it up lol, so i just put her in her harness and clipped her lead around the front of the handle bars

Gonna be blunt.

STUPID. sad.gif

Husky n handlebars

Go to Hospital, directly to Hospital, do not pass go do not collect £200.

you were lucky.

what makes u think it was stupid? i was careful i peddelled slowly, i kept my eye on her at all times so if she slowed down i pressed the breaks n put my feet on the floor to slow me down also and i made sure the lead didnt go slack enuf to get tangled up in the wheel half the time i was walking with the bike instead of peddling

my dad says stupid simply for the fact that if skyla bolted, you would have been hauled off your bike, sustaining damage to the both of you and possibly losing your dog in the process...

i she had seen something in the road she could have dragged you in front of a car!!!!

she didnt this time and you are lucky but with a prey driven dog its dangerous to not have them attached properly to the bike, where you can limit her drag and your injuries

my dad simply didnt explain just expressed his views outright

she doesnt bolt tho - and i kept my eye on her and our surroundings at all times - i also had my cousin with me who walked with us so she kept an eye out too, we didnt ride fast enuf for her to spot something before me and chase it because she doesnt pull - she is prey driven BUT she will only really go mad for birds - n at 5pm you dont really see any birds out and there wernt any cars around either - we only rode near a road for like 5 mins of the route if that - and there is a big part of grass next to the path before you get to the road so i could have stopped in plenty of time if needed

yes we may have been lucky BUT i trust her and she listens - ill be honest it wouldnt stop me doing it that way again, i know i have 2 be careful doing it that way - and i was - i only did it this way this time because i didnt have time to sort the walkydog out as it was dark and cold out and i couldnt see what i was doing n couldnt find any tools to attach it properly - it would have been more dangerous for me to have used the walkydog - then just attaching her lead to the bike 2nite

With the Walky dog if Skyla pulls (to go see another dog / chase a cat/squirrel etc) she pulls at your weight which is over the seat. you are still fully on control of the bike and Skyla.

With the handlebars if Skyla pulls (to go see another dog / chase a cat/squirrel etc) She pulls the handlebars out of your control.

YOU get dumped face first into the road, possibly in the path of oncoming or following cars.

You now have serious injuries and Skyla is either running free, or tangled up with you and bike in the middle of the road.

OK so this is a worst case scenario, however as almost everyone says about offlead dogs. . . .

IT ONLY HAS TO HAPPEN ONCE.

Don't take the chance.

YES I'm having a go

because I'm scared and concerned for YOUR safety.

Wait and take the time to set up the walkydog. PLEASE.

im going to set it up - i just couldnt tonight because i couldnt find the right tools to tighten it and it was dark so i couldnt see properly - u dont need to 'have a go' i do understand your concern , just please trust me that i wasnt even really riding the bike until we got away from the road i was mainly running/walking with the bike when we 1st head off - i wouldnt risk me or my dogs health/life im not THAT stupid lol

u will just have 2 belive me