I am far from happy

Littlemisse

I was looking for a new baby, cane across an advert that had pictures of Tasha.

At first I was like aww she looks just like Tasha, then I paid attention: 

It WAS Tasha. 

They claimed to have a 6 month of beautiful husky bitch available in Scotland. She needs to go somewhere without cats or other dogs and to someone who can offer the amount of time and attenion they can to she needs.  she can't be let off the lead and is hard to train so requires a lot of patience. 

1. I live in Essex

2. I have 2 cats and a kitten 

3. I have a small dog 

( all get along and curl up together)

4. I walk her in the morning / early afternoon and in the evening. 

5. I play games with her before her first walk and after her second 

6. She goes off the lead, returns and as much as she will run ahead, she runs back when I : call her name, click my fingers, or stand still, plus she often looks behind herself to see where I am.

7. She is fully trained,

8. She's cross wolf! 

I know I don't need to justify the way things are with her, but it's annoyed me and upset me at the same time. 

The thing that really got to me is they had pictures of ME and Tasha on the advert.

I rung the number and they did the " she needs to be transported as I'm now living in ireland as my wife is ill"

Urm NO! she doesn't need to be shipped to me or whatever, she's sleeping across my feet!

I don't know how they got my pictures as I don't use them on many websites. But guys please be careful.

Advert was posted before I joined this site so it's not here. 

Sounds like a scam. Very likely to happen so close to christmas. Same thing happened to us when we were looking for a house. It was a beautiful house, for only $700 a month. My mom stayed in touch with them over email. Then we had a high suspicion that it was a scam. So we went to go see it. I forgot to mention, the people we were talking to said they were in tahiti, and would be renting to us from there.

So yeah. We went to see it, and there was a family loading up their van. After talking to them, we learned they had lived there for ten years. And that they were going on a vacation all summer long. So yeah, we were nearly scammed, and the owners of the house had no idea their house was on the market.

Also happened to me when I was looking for a husky. I emailed an ad I saw. The persons english was very broken, dodged the question when I ask about pictures or parents on site. They just kept telling me that huskies are a lot of work. I stopped talking to them at that point and never heard back.

You could likely get them in trouble. Especially since they used a picture with you in it. But their locations are often hard to find, and when you call any number they give it doesn't exist or it's someones number.

Sorry that happened. :/ so violating.

Number failed, email got a reply*

I'm having an argumen over email, apparently I'm a compulsive liar who can't afford to get a "stunning husky" shipped to me.

It's disgusting that people think they can get away with this.

I'm contacted the police in the morning ( it's 2am) they're not getting away with it!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=755545897

I can prove she's mine, can they prove that she's theirs? I don't think so!

they wont do t much it will most likel be some ass hole from another country doing this when i was looking for a rehome i encounterd the same thing i even added them on msn and handed itto the polie all they said to me was as no offence had actualy been commited i.e i hadent parted with any cash they could not do anything but if i had parted in my eyes what would they have done anyways not a damn thing.

Hope you have more luck than I keep us posted

I notice they do it all the time, no doubt you have all seen the ad's with the husky on the playhouse? same pic gets used by loads of scammers,even more shocking that they have the cheek to use one with a person too, report it to who ever you can, sadly as soon as the ad is pulled they'll put a different one up.

Isn't their any laws regarding posting pictures of people on the net without permission?

Edit: a quick search reveals.......

- If a photo was taken in a public place, the taker of the photo can post it online to their heart's content, provided they do not caption it with libel like 'Dumb b**ch' or something of the like.

- If the photo was taken in private (a home or someplace where the taker and the subject were in private), then the photos cannot be published online without the subject's consent. Doing so makes you liable for 'invasion of privacy' and you could be sued in civil court for compensatory and even punitive damages.

Not sure what the photo's were but if it was me i'd be seriously pi**ed and would look into taking it further

I nearly got scammed by something like this actually.

Gumtree is home to a lot of fake adverts, I saw an advert for a lovely husky puppy that needed a home and got sent these pictures:

jake_husky14.jpg_w450.jpgjake_husky13.jpg_w450.jpg

And a few others,

I was so excited!

I thought omg she's adorable!!!!

Anyway, just before I was about to pay a deposit for "Krystle", my mum asked to see some other pictures of husky puppies, so I typed husky puppy into google.

And what did I find? OMG! Look it's Krystle! Hang on... that's not right...

Turns out, Krystle was actually Jake who featured in the DailyPuppy.

I sent them an angry email and they sent me an abusive email back. I left a message on the Daily Puppy warning people that his photos were being used on adverts and reported them to gumtree. I couldn't tell you if any justice was done I'm afraid.

This is Jakes article by the way:

http://www.dailypupp...usky_2006-12-15

Stacey xxx

EDIT: I've got the weirdest response on there lol!! Someones wrote this in response to me:

hi to my future wife, bob. u are my inspiration

Lol?!!

Looks like it happened to someone else too, so I didn't stop them :(

my747s I was recently looking to buy a puppy and someone sent me 6 of these pictures. Stated it was a female that they were trying to sell. Sale of course fell through when I stated that I would be picking up the puppy and not having "her" sent to me. Its awful that someone would steal these beautiful pictures and do pretend to be selling him. (and as a girl no less) He is truly beautiful and you are blessed

There are some unscrupulous people out there.

Worse though are the ones asking for deposits for non existant dogs. I would never pay a deposit for a dog on an advert but people fall for it all the time.

If you are buying a pup that the owners are asking a deposit for do your home work and make sure they are a reputable breeder.

I love "playing" with these scammers. Lead them into thinking that someone is taking the bait and then ask them point blank why they are scamming people. Spent a day once emailing the same scammer on every single website he was on. He got pretty p1$$ed, lol.

A note of caution for you all: Don't phone the numbers on the ads. More often than not they are set up so that you are billed loads of money as soon as you call it.