Crate training fun! (when I get to sleep haha)

HuskyLA57

So Kira has now been in my home for 3 full days she is kind of a rescue at 10 weeks but now is 11 weeks. First night I layed her blanket in the crate and she walked right in and went to sleep I starte to shit the gate and she looked at me like " Uhh what are you doing??" haha so I grabbed my pillow and layed outside the crate in front of the door until she fell asleep. Then I shut the gate and any right to bed no problems until 6am which was perfect. Well this last night was an all different story. When it was time for bed at 10:20pm I took her outside before she did her thing sniffed aroun for a bit and came back in. Well I did everything the same as the night before layed her blanket in the crate for her and her bone and dropped two treats in there. She sat down in my room and I looked at her and said bed time. She then layed down and put her head on the floor and just stared at me. So I took one of the treats from the crate and said bed time again showing her the treat and led her in the crate. (is this the proper way or a decent way of doing this?) she went in and I shut the gate and got in my bed as soon as she finished the treats the howling and crying began. My lord let me tell u she sounded like a crying kid. She whined for a good 50 minutes before finally realizing I'm not getting out of bed and she went to sleep. Until 6am this morning which was good again. Just wanted to make sure I was doing everything right as far as crate training... Any advice y'all have I'm open to. So far though she's been a great joy and is so funny when she is told no. Always challenging our family members but we are firm with her knowing it will all pay off... Again any advice is appreciated!

I'm not the most experienced member on here but I have had my puppy for two weeks and have been working on crate training. For me, the first night was horrible, crying and howling all night. The next night, though, she didn't make a sound. I say give it a few days and she will be fine. Perhaps you should (if you haven't already) move the crate right next to your bed? That's what I did and it worked well.

all pups are different, some need more cohercing than others, Our boy needs a lot of postive reinforcment to keep his crate a nice place. We had to do it steadily by introducing him to the crate with the door open, then closing it for a few minutes before letting him out until we could leave him for a full hour without him crying and now hes fine. Dont get me wrong hes had the odd night where hes refused and howled for 30/40 mins but 99% of the time now hes fine and walks straight in from 11pm until 7:30am.

it sounds like your doing it ok too me - we did the same thing chuck a treat in close the door and ignore her till she was quiet

she will soon learn it might take a while tho just dont give up and stick to the same training dont keep switching it as it will confuse her