Completely Torn and heartbroken :( I cannot stop crying.

ShadowandNikittasMum

Why is it always me put in the middle of everything with family and my partner? It's always happening and it's not fair. My mum just called crying down the phone saying nor my sister or my aunt have invited her to any family events over Xmas (due to them recently not getting along) meaning my mum will be all alone on Xmas. This will be my first xmas back in the UK for two years and I was planning to spend it with my mum but it seems my partner has other ideas :( I asked him if we had plans and comes out of nowhere saying that I can't go to my mums because we're going to birmingham for christmas.... the first time I've heard of this?!?! I'm in tears because I don't know what to do :( my partner will be angry with me if I don't go to Birmingham and I'll feel extremely guilty for leaving my mum alone. I told my partner i wanted to spend atleast xmas day with my mum he's now storming around the house and won't talk to me. I have no idea what to tell my mum ,I can't stop crying I honestly don't know what to do or say :( It seems like my first Christmas back in the UK is ruined and I was actually excited for once :( am I really forced to choose between my partner and mother?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say choose your mother. From the sound of it your partner hasn't given you a choice, he's just said "You are going here, end of conversation", which is completely unfair on you. If he's mad with you already it won't make much of a difference anyway, he must be able to understand that you don't want you mother alone on christmas. This is such a horrible dilema for the festive season :(

I said that to him but he said no :( because my mums got baggage ( her 3 dogs) I never knew he could be so selfish I'm crying my heart out because I don't want to leave my mum alone but he doesn't seem to care. He's downstairs right now talking to his friends, he even took my dogs off me, showing them off downstairs. I want them up here with me :(

where is your mum ? is she to far from you to just come for the day, and leave the dogs at home ? you can't please them both you have to do what you feel is right or compromise in some way. maybe have boxing day with your mum xxxxxxx

it's not a good place to be at this time of year i feel for you hun, i'd be stuck to if my hubby an my mum xxxxxx

In your lifetimeYou only have ONE MUM.

You can have as many partners as you like.

He's replaceable, your Mum isn't.

I went downstairs and got them, I was fuming his friend turned round to me and said I'm gonna buy Nikitta

i was like "OH HELL NO YOU'RE NOT she belongs to me and she is going to stay with me for a very long time"

he actually had the cheek to say I'll give you a good price for her" >_<

then i shouted "STILL NOT FOR SALE YOU COMPLETE F*CKING IDIOT"

ugh I hate people

I honestly think huskies are so much better than people in sooo many ways

I've told him I'm going to my mums even if it broke us up. I don't know what the big deal would be even if my mum came and brought the dogs. My mum's miniature dachshund is disabled, she slipped her disks and is paralysed, she cannot be left alone because she cannot go to the toilet by herself and gets very stressed when she's left alone. We have dogs ourselves so what is the big deal UGH men >_<

im not rly sure what to say tbh but if ur partner is being a complete and utter tw@ why are you with him? if i had 2 choose between my partner n my mum i would choose my mum no contest!

can your mum not spend the day with you in birmingham? then go back to her dogs, or can you go birmingham for abit of the day then go to your mum? , why cant you go to birmingham in boxing day and your mothers on xmas day? there has to be a way around it?

*hugs* i hope you get it sorted

wow, quite a situation! But honestly, like some one said your man should be more understanding. Your mom's going to be alone, no one should be alone on christmas. If your man has family to be with it's only right that your mom should too, and if you're the only family that she can be with than he should understand. Me and my gf's anniversary is on christmas and I already know she's going to be wiht her family and I'll be alone (my family lives in asia), but I'm perfectly fine with it and I encourage her to be with her family. It'll give me sometime to spend with friends anyways. :) Glad you picked ur mom tho! Make sure u 2 have some fun!

I'm trying to compromise but nooo it has to be his way or no way. I never knew he could be like this >_< he's

such a douche bag, it's honestly making me second thought our relationship. He knows how I am about my Mum I love her to bits and

I keep trying to explain to him that my mums not gonna be around that much longer :( she has a terminal illness so this could be

our last xmas together but UGH I tried calling my sister to see if she could spend time with mum but nope she doesn't wanna know

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who cares >_<

your bf sounds like a complete ( enter bad word here)

no man is better than family and if he isnt willing to compromise then he is just a selfish (enter another bad word)

lose him and do it quickly!!!!!!

he says you cant see your mum!

he takes your dogs away!!!!

the man would be missing a set of non vital organs and crying about now if he had said it to me!!!!

He doesn't even have family here >_< Their all in china all his stupid friends have invited him to all these parties and dinners

and he said yes to EVERYONE without even asking me.

Why I call his friends stupid... because whenever they come over and see my sibes their like omg their soo pretty I want one, I don't know how many times I've explained to them their not just looks they are hard work they need lots of walking they can never be let off lead, THEY DON'T LISTEN TO ME they always reply well I've owned this breed and this breed STILL NOT HUSKIES or someone says I can train one to be let off lead and blah blah blah IDIOTS >_<

Him and his friends are up their own asses thinking their better and know everything better than everyone else ..

I honestly didn't know he was like this :(

I'm going to my mums this xmas and if he doesn't like it then it's his loss. I'll move out with my babies and move in with my mum, not sure how she would take having sibes in the house but whatever she'll love to have me home.

Thanks everyone you've really helped, I've stopped crying now and my gorgeous Nikitta is trying to be a lap dog and sitting on me licking my left over tears <3

Hmmmmmmmmmmm i agree with everything aside from teh sibes opff lead on the whole yes i agree but end of teh day it comes down to the individual dog it is in husky genes to run but they dont all run take Thor for example if he cant be arsed he will just laydown regardless of where he is made me laugh seeing that at camp.

I have my Sakari off lead most of the time and any one who met her knows how good she is as well as a few other sibes i know t be off lead.

As i said thou most not a chance i would never let my youngest off lead she loves to run f i am there or not so she is not worth the risk