From Potty Trained to Unpotty Trained??

dds06d

I have an 8 month old husky that I have now had for about 3 1/2 months. I feel like it took me a while to get her to have no accidents in the house (she was originally newspaper trained and I wanted to crate train her). It has been well over 2 months since she has gone bathroom inside the house. But now she seems to have become unpotty trained! I'm pretty sure I know the reason why, my roommate left for vacation and took her dog with her. I'm guessing Zelda is throwing a fit because she misses her friend. Is this normal? Has anyone else had a similar problem? I know she's still a puppy so I guess this can't be too out of the ordinary.

Yep I've gotten her spayed and she normally has a spot out in the backyard where she pees as well as when I walk her. That's why this just came out of nowhere and the only correlation I found was that she doesn't have her usual playmate. Now that I think about it her regular routine is a little off, because now that I've finished school I've been sleeping in a bit.

• 7 months later...

Wheeewww... Thought we were the only ones with this problem! Our dog is the most STUBBORN dog out there! It took us a couple of months to get her fully potty trained. We got her at 12 weeks and she's now 6 months. She's VERY smart though. She knows several commands. We're having the same problem though. She decided overnight to potty inside the house. We've just moved into our new house and have been here for several weeks and she's had no accidents at all, except for the past couple of days. It doesn't matter if we take her to potty right before we go to bed, there is a mess in the morning, but it's not only pee it's #2 too!

OUch! We try to work on potty training our pups before they leave. I use what i call a 1d rule: simple... keep their h20 outside, and use the door that is the closest to them during the day, and ONLY that door. The shortest distance is gonna be the best distance. A husky that is raised both n and out will typically not whine they will just sit at the door and stare it down. Try putting a christmas bell on the knob so evtime u take them out, it jingles, and they will get use to that as well as the getting a drink outside:)

• 3 months later...

:banghead:I didn't really see any solutions here. We are having this problem also now. The boys had an occasional marking incident and that was rare, and then enter: Jessy. It took about 3 days, and no accidents. Now, all of a sudden somebody is leaving puddles of pee by the back door, under the table almost daily. They go out a number of times in the morning before we go to work. It's so early when we get up and leave that it makes it difficult to walk them, but they have a large yard, and go out 2-3 times before we leave, including first thing in the morning. They don't drink much during the morning when we are home, and never more than 1/2 a bowl between 3 of them before we get home. What is going on? Crating is just not an option, Jack never has, Andy breaks out, and we don't know about Jessy, but it's also impossible to know who is doing it, 1 or all????:banghead:

Here is an idea. Could there possibly be a urinary tract infection, bladder infection, or a kidney infection. The only reason I sudgest this is because piddles on the floor from a trained dog is not completely unusual however the pups can't talk to say something hurts and piddles are the number one symptom unless you happen to see crystals. It may be worth getting a sample and having the vet test it to be on the safe side.