Do dogs get cold?

Smokey

I'm pretty sure my husky Smokey is fine but I get worried about my German Shepard Zeeva. She is 6 months old. It gets to be about 40 degrees F at night here. I have a few blankets outside and there is a large covered area for them to protect them from the rain (been raining a lot here!). The also have one dogaloo but don't use it at all. Is it enough??? Is there any other accommodations I can make for them outside?

the smaller the area they sleep in the more heat will be given off so try and enclose their sleeping space a little more the warmth will be more contained a softer bedding wil also help reteain heat if they need to cool off they wil go for a wonder it's. he wil climatise dunno if it is spelt right just keep an eye on it.also is their sleeping area fully enclosed with a door or is it 3 sides an open front..? but do make sure they are no sleeping on a moist surface

it's freezing here at the mo i paded my dogs bed out for comfort and warmth thou it will prob be destroyed by time i get home lol

You can also try cedar, which would normally help keep them warm and use as a flea control... but seeing how we dont have fleas out here it would be good keep body heat. Have something low a towel covering the door to prevent drafts. You could always ask smokey to help keep her warm....seeing how sibs can stand temps up to -75 degrees F...lol.