Husky Owner statistics

BlueWolf

Okay, I admit, I'm a statistics freak. I love to find fun and hidden things and trends in huge chunks of data. I'm currently creating something like this Facebook world map. It definitely won't be that big and detailed as that one, but it's still fun to create one. I just do this in my spare time, so I do it bit by bit each day, I'm not in a hurry ;)

In the process creating this, I also scanned each member's page and also parsed all information that is given on each. It took me 3 days to create a small program that would do that for me. Now I have a big database with all information of all users (as of yesterday). So what did I found so far?

• The Husky Owners forum has 3251 registered users. Some may be banned, removed or haven't just been validated, that's probably why on the main page it says it only has 2927 users.
  • Of course, many have left or didn't post at all. 12% of all users where active in the last 10 days, that are 381 users (which is alot!).

• The average length of the username is 8.7 characters
    • The longest username in the database is 26 characters long. This "award" is actually shared by two members: My Siberian Husky My Angel and Xioniximo Siberian Huskies
    • 148 members have either "husky" or "huskies" in their username
    • 38 members have "wolf" or "wolves in their username
    • 31 member's usernames contain "love"
    • 26 have "mum" or "mother" (as in: <husky name>'s mum)
    • 18 have "dad" in them. Apparently, mothers are more popular, or decided to go with the huskies name as username
    • 491 members have usernames that contain multiple words/names

• The top-5 members with the highest reputations are:
    • Sarah: 3657, 4,7 likes a day
    • siberian_wolf: 3563, 4.8 likes a day (when will she overtake Sarah? :lol:)
    • Bec: 3242, 4.6 likes a day
    • Smithy: 2162, 4.5 likes a day
    • Marc: 2121, 2.7 likes a day
  • The member with the highest likes a day is: TakeMyLead with 47 likes a day. Why? Because this user was only active for one day, and received 47 likes that day. I cannot find that post though, I'm curious now :lol:
  • Each member has an average of 25 likes.
  • Since the forum went online, a total of 80274 likes have been given. That are 103 likes each day!
  • 41% of all members have reputation of 1 or higher.

That's all what I have for now. Will post an update when I find more stuff. Hope it does not bore you all ;) I'm open for suggestions!

Thanks for the info.

Now while you're at it could you get me the account number for Fort Knox. . . I'd like to make a withdrawal.

LMAO biggrin.gif

would you not rather drain the accounts of someone that wouldn't notice?!

Oh, Ok then Bill Gates and George Lucas then please. . . biggrin.gif

• The member with the highest likes a day is: TakeMyLead with 47 likes a day. Why? Because this user was only active for one day, and received 47 likes that day. I cannot find that post though, I'm curious now :lol:

Looks like this member joined on the old forum we had before we moved ... and in those two posts, she may have put something about her hobby - Sledding Huskies 250k across arctic Norway to Lapland to raise money for www.meningitis.org ;)

Thanks everyone. I've probably entered the top 5 likes per day, but only when you count for one day :lol:

I have more stuff! This time is mostly amounts of posts. But first of all:

• Groups:
    • We have 4 admins, 3 super moderators and 2 moderators.
    • 51 members are Premium Members and
    • 28 are Site Sponsers. I'm not sure what's exactly the difference between these. One is subscription and one is a one-time donations?
    • 39 members are in the Under 16 group
    • 180 have an account via Facebook
    • We have 46 banned users and
    • 335 are not, or haven't even bothered to validate their account

• Together we have made 254122 posts on this forum. That are 324 posts each day! Keep in mind that all fora always start quiet so the average of just the last few days will probably be much higher. I can't see that from just the data I now have.
    • Amount-of-posts top 5 (aka: spammer-top 5!)

• 1562 (48%) of all registered members have actually posted something.
    • Each member, on average...
      • post 78.2 messages in total
      • post 0.6 posts each day
      • However, if we only look at the members who have posted at least one message...
        • Then each member has post 162.7 message on average!
        • And each of them post 1.0 messages every day

[*]I can go even go further. On average, all active users (those who where active the last 10 days) post 1.8 messages each day, per user

• About one in 3.2 posts gets a like

• People are most active in Main Chat, followed by Introductions and than Husky Questions. Do we have more introductions than husky questions? :rolleyes: