Rolling around and nipping!

Spinstorm

Hey everyone! Happy Christmas... Not long left!

A few quick questions for all your knowledgeable owners...

I have noticed Flash rolling around in the grass and rubbing himself against the carpet in the living room... I don't know if that is because he has flea's or it's just fun for him?!

Second, he seems to nip at me when I'm ignoring him in the living room. He has a squeaky ball and bone but every now and then he will come over and nip at my arm or bark at me! If I stand up he lies down right away but he is kinda menacing when he does that... So what can I do? And related to that he loves the rawhide bone and will chew himself to being tired and will lie down on the floor but as soon as I move he jumps up and starts getting excited again... What's up with that?

Thanks.

He could have some dry skin, or may just have a need to scratch an itch. If he had fleas, there would some srtious scratching going on. As far as nipping, he may want your attention.

Aura does that too. I'm pretty sure it's a controlling thing. She will come up to us sitting on the couch and nudge, sometimes nip or push a chewy onto our lap to hold. I've read I'm supposed to ignore her unless she sits nicely and then engage her OR walk into her to tell her I'm in control. Then later, I can initiate play so that she understands I control the play not the other way around....... Sometimes, though we get tired of playing so we send her outside and throw a toy off the deck for her to search for in the snow (hehe) and that keeps her occupied for a while.....

Heather

Having a husky is really like having a baby... not that I have a baby but one day he can be naughty and the next an angel... I am amazed at how they have moods like we do and I never realised! Yesterday Flash was jumping around being noisy digging stuff up and being a hooligan and today he has been quiet sweet and spent most of the day sleeping! I do have a quick question - when he sees a fox (and there are loads where I live) he jumps up and acts totally crazy.... I of course pull the lead and make him sit but I really have to be quite rough as he is all over the place... any suggestions on how to fix that? And whilst on that subject how can I get him happy to get in a car? He is fine once inside and loves the ride but he seems scared to get inside even when it is just parked without the engine running!