Hi from New Jersey...finally get my first Sibe TOMORROW! :)

koda&sam

Hello everyone!

I have been doing research for a couple years now, and now was the right time...and after a couple months of waiting after finding the perfect husky for me, I am finally allowed to bring him home tomorrow! I am beyond excited, a little anxious, and cannot wait until after work tomorrow when I am on my way to bring home little Koda! He is a little fluffball of black and white, with brown eyes.

I just wanted to introduce myself; it seems like you all know what you are doing, and I think that I will learn so much from you...I want to do everything as right as I possibly can, and I cannot wait to finally own my very own pup. I know I will have lots of questions (raising other breeds and reading tons of books and forums can only prepare me so much for the real deal), so I'm sure you will be hearing a lot from me! I will post pictures as soon as I can, can't wait for Koda to be a part of my life! smile.gif

xoxo,

Sam

Also....is anyone here from South Jersey or Philly or Upper Delaware area?

Welcome to the Best Husky Forum in the WORLD !!! biggrin.gif

When you get Koda don't be afraid to ask for help.

We KNOW Huskies, and we LOVE to help. laugh.gif

OK you want to find people in your area

To find them . . . do this.

1. Click on the MEMBERS TAB near the top of the home page.

2. Look over to the right hand side near the top USE ADVANCED FILTERS.

3. Select your COUNTRY

4 Type in your REGION

5. scroll down to the bottom of the page and APPLY FILTERS.

Voila . . . all the people in your local area.

Hope this helps. smile.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

I'm going to try to upload some pics in a few...Koda is here and I'm in LOVE!!! Got a little time right now while he's napping, but he is a handful! I wanna train him right, so he's gonna be my LIFE right now....but totally worth it! :)

He seems pretty happy, and he's very good...loves his beds, crate, toys..is super affectionate....sounds like Yoshi from Super Mario Bros. fame...although he did wake the fam up with some screaming at around 3am :)

Hey Sam and Koda, welcome. Give this link a look at and see if it helps with posting pics to the gallery: http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2695-how-to-post-pictures-in-the-gallery/

Can't wait to see the pics when you get them posted. Enjoy Koda.

Thanks, everyone! I need to keep a running list of questions...he is the first dog I've raised soley on my own, and I definitely want to do it right. It's one thing to read books written by professional trainers and breeders, but its another to get great advice from "real people" who are husky owners. I'm ready for the challenge, and the constant dinosaur-like howling and talking when he's put in his pen when Mama has to get some things done (regardless of his multitude of toys, he does NOT like to be alone!!! Typical pack-oriented husky!), and I know you all will make it easier for me.

Hi, Adde! I'm not totally positive where you are, but I know Bucks County isn't too far. I live right across the bridge from Philly and Delaware....Delaware Memorial and Commodore Barry Bridges are the closest. I'm about 10 minutes off of 295.