tesco

Lil Miss Bump

I think when Diz gets back her main gripe isn't gonna be getting run into by people with trolleys.

It's gonna be. . . .

The fist fights over the few items left on the shelves.

A lot of stores haven't had a lot of their deliveries due to the snow and are running out of a LOT of items.

I got the last Turkey in our Tesco yesterday. I hope they have another delivery biggrin.gif

I hate supermarket shopping; I'm one of those reprobates that lurk round the aisles like it's 3pm on a Saturday when it is in fact 10.30pm on a Tuesday so that I can avoid the *gulp* general public.

Seriously, I cannot stand shopping because I am not very good with crowds or people who dither; I'm not saying I am agoraphobic - I just have temper issues with Dolly Ditherer and Wendy WTFamIdoingagain?

I know what I want and where to get it from and most of the time I already know how much it is going to be and if I don't, and it looks a bit pricey, I know two other shops where I can get it. That is only in the DIRE circumstance that I need to appear in general public to shop.

All I need is broadband and a debit/credit card.

As for groceries, I'm the living dead, like I said and I ALWAYS use self service. I find that the self service screens don't talk among themselves about last night or tonight or when their breaks are when they're scanning my stuff.

I know I know, I'm a grumpy cow tongue.gif

Lol, I love this thread.

I've just got back from Tesco and some old boy wanted to start a fight with me cause I 'cut him up' with my trolly. I couldn't help but tell him to... bugger off... and just walk away laughing hahaha. His wife came to find me 5 minutes later to apologise for him. There is never a better time to go shopping, when else can you get this level of amusement in Tesco lol. Good luck to everyone who is going soon!!

Grrrr, I hate shopping this time of the year!! People fighting over the last bag of brussel sprouts or carrots. Why do people act like food is going out of fashion?! The shops are only closed for a 2 days!

I had to fight my way round Sainsburys yesterday as I needed some food for Saffi :angry:

not even two days this year hun...all the supermarkets are open boxing day lol :)

i dont even attempt to go shopping anymore- get mine online... no stress for me ;)

well apart from old people (and no this is not ageist or whatever-they were all over the age of 70!) playing dodgems in the car park-and then standing to chat to their friends on the way in-it actually wasn't that bad!!! i only needed veg and there was loads!!! wilkinsons was worse.......millions of blokes buying bulk of those toiletries sets......:blink: strange! all i needed was puppy pads!!!

We went very early this morning to buy the last 'stuff' for Christmas lunch. It wasn't too bad apart from old ladies leaving their trollies in the middle of the aisle and then chatting to their friends or fighting with their husbands who really don't want to be there :)

Tesco in Wigan was a breeze last night - had loads of everything we needed in stock, friendly helpful shop staff (even the young Italian lad who had just started & didn't understand Steve when we asked for fresh cranberries), it was just the ignorant shoppers who leave trollies in the middle of the aisle & walk off or ram you with their trolley cos they're scanning the shelves for bargains & not looking where they are going :angry: but I think we are all done - and if not, tough! I can't be bothered going out again!! :lol: