What do you do with all that doo doo?

Smokey

I actually have two questions.

The first one is: what do you do with all that poo in the garden? Bag it? Box it? Gloves? Shovels? How often do you do poopy patrol? I've found that poop isn't as biodegradable as I'd like it to be. :)

The second one is: how do you keep your house clean?!? So much hair everywhere! And dirt and dusty little stuff! Any suggestions on how to make life a little cleaner a little easier?

I bag it and bin it; I use mini poop bags from Pets at Home, but if I have to clean up in the house then it's wet wipes, paper towels and enzyme spray which is then bagged and - again - binned.

As for cleaning the house, I have all wood floors so it's all about dust bunnies and, unfortunately, my hair. I moult more than a sibe 'cause I dye it smile.gifso when I brush it I am forever astounded that I am not bald.

Nothing makes it easier other than reducing the clutter - I am a hoarder though so, I just have a kinda dusty house. I can live with that!

I do poop patrol twice a day (after each meal) and bag it at the moment. I use a kiddies plastic rake and shovel - it is the perfect size. We are looking into getting one of those doogie type septic tanks: http://uniquedistributors.com/doggiedooley1.html.

We are waiting for a quote on the cost of getting it so SA. Hold thumbs that it won't be too expensive :blink:

Keeping the house clean - I don't know if it is possible to keep it 100% clean for longer than an hour or two.

I actually have two questions.

The first one is: what do you do with all that poo in the garden? Bag it? Box it? Gloves? Shovels? How often do you do poopy patrol? I've found that poop isn't as biodegradable as I'd like it to be. :)

The second one is: how do you keep your house clean?!? So much hair everywhere! And dirt and dusty little stuff! Any suggestions on how to make life a little cleaner a little easier?

Poo - Clean kennels at least twice a day, inside and out - poo is definitely easier this time of year than pee, as I can't hose out the outside kennels (which is where they mainly "go" this time of year, other than when I turn them out). I have a septic system that I can use in warm weather - can't get at it once there's much snow on the ground! Otherwise, it gets dumped out in the brush on the property where nobody goes. The dogs' yard gets scooped pretty much daily, twice a day when I can manage it.

As for dog hair, I have just kind of learned to live with it! Frequent vacuuming with a good vacuum is about the only other alternative.

We have a back garden but it's not Husky proof.

So all our Doo Doo's are done on walks.

We use Tesco value nappy sacks 17p for 100. biggrin.gif

The bags we are not able to put in the park poo bins get put in a black sack and once per week this goes in with our non-recyclable trash.

As for hairs, we brush all the dawgies once per day to keep the shed down.

we also have wood laminate floors so a quick sweep through keeps it down.

Everyone who visits knows we have shedding dogs. If thy don't like it . . . don't visit.

I shovel it up and put it in one of these:

Dog bin

It's mainly cos the bin men only show once a fortnight, so anything meaning less is going in the bin and sitting there for over a week stinking the garden is a bonus.

It needs a bioactivator, I go through about a bottle every 4 months, bottle costs £6 in pet shops so for the sake of no hassle and no stinking bins, this is a winner for me.

Dog bin

It's mainly cos the bin men only show once a fortnight, so anything meaning less is going in the bin and sitting there for over a week stinking the garden is a bonus.

It needs a bioactivator, I go through about a bottle every 4 months, bottle costs £6 in pet shops so for the sake of no hassle and no stinking bins, this is a winner for me.

Can you find similar product for a septic system (don't know if you have those in the UK!)? If so, it's likely to be cheaper than that, and will do the same job.

we use nappy sacks whcih are really cheap and bin. i try and check/clear the garden twice a day to avoid them standing in it and brining it in on their paws etc. its a pain but i find prevention is better than cure.

As for cleaning - well we have a minging carpet which desperatly needs changing (will be next year now) so i dont get too stressed but it gets hoovered every day & I wash down the hall and kitchen tiles daily. the dogs get brushed regularly. As for dust...well we have a log burner so im used to dust anyway. dogs arent allowed upstairs so i guess it minimises it to just downstairs. i do wash their crates out regulalry as i find hair build up begins to smell otherwise.

I'm paranoid about having a doggy smelling house that i always ask friends if it smells!!

oh an di have started to use a carpet air freshner every few wks and i find this is nice but cloggs up the cleaner quickly

Dog bin

I actually had a look at this one, but the reviews weren't so great - they say it is fine for one or two small dogs and I have two huskies. Does your not clog up ?

I actually had a look at this one, but the reviews weren't so great - they say it is fine for one or two small dogs and I have two huskies. Does your not clog up ?

Not if you dig it in properly, no.

You need to dig the hole a foot wider than the bin itself, and put hardcore around the sides. Not pebbles, proper hardcore so there is lot of space for the water to flush away. The only time it gets a little clogged is if a few leaves fall in while Im shoveling it in or flushing out, but its a case of fish them out with a stick when you see them go in.

That review saying useless has probably dug a hole and put it in thinking the dirt will soak it all up when it's flushed without reading the instructions of how to install properly. I've had mine for nearly a year now and it been absolutely fine. Even when I've left it longer than I should have to flush it out it (as in longer than 2/3 weeks with one husky) it takes all of 20mins to flush till the water is crystal clear, and thats with filling up buckets from the water butt, not a hose pipe, so you could cut have that time when you aren't waiting for the bucket to fill up...

Well £14.99 is very cheap (bioactivator inc in that price), cheaper than a conventional bin, and it was dug in when garden was concreted.

Its an easy thing to use and flush out, why use a septic tank when I have this...

I meant a bioactivator meant for a septic system, not putting in a septic system instead of what you have. Seems like I've paid something like $10 for the product meant for a human septic system...

maaaaan I think I must be reet skanky then! I only poo patrol our garden once a week or so! :blink: I tend to double bag a couple of supermarket carriers then double bag a couple for my hand and just go poo pick and then straight into the normal garbage bin... mind you mine are raw fed so dont poo ALOT and are out alot so the garden really only gets used at night so maybe not tooo skanky!?

House cleaning I will hoover with my big dyson a couple of times a week or if the dogs ran mud through the house (like this morning <_< ) and brush the dogs out in the garden just after so Im sure they're not gunna drop too much and it will stay clean for a little while... also my favouritest product in the WORLD is my mini hand hoover so I can just hava skirt round without having to get out "the big guns" and I will fur pick the carpet, getting any big bits up as I see them.

Nothing more ingenious than that really!! :P

bag it and bin it, and use childrens nappy sacks :D

We have wooden floors too so hair isn't that bad, you just get clumps gathering in corners and stuff, and the odd bit of husky tumbleweed blowing about if you leave it too long, nothing the dyson can't deal with.I find the cats are alot worse than the husky's