My new SASS walking belt

Sid_Wolf

I got a walking belt for christmas, I spent ages umming and arring over which one to get, as I'd heard mixed reviews on all of them. In the end I decided to go with one from Ali Koops/SASS, who make my working harnesses, as I trust them cus I already have some of their stuff

Its great!! The webbing is nice and thick, and the padding is thick so its soft on by back :) Lots of room to open it up so it'll easily fit rick and even his dad!!

It comes with a locking carabiner which is mountain grade so can stand up to their pulling, and though it didnt mention it in the description its got bungees in!! Which means I dont have to get bungee leads :D

The stiching is mega strong as is the norm with all SASS gear

Im definately impressed, and Im gunna order a couple of their non clip leads to go with it :)

Here's a few pics:

SAM_0022.jpg

SAM_0024.jpg

SAM_0028.jpg

(the bungee bit - its really thick so isnt likely to snap)

SAM_0029.jpg

SAM_0030.jpg

SAM_0031.jpg

SAM_0032.jpg

Ordered it via this site: SASS

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£28.75 and delivery (its not expensive) Ali is very good and gets all orders dispatched ASAP, and the quality of her gear is excellent, cant fault it. Our harnesses are 2nd or 3rd hand and still in great condition, not a stitch out of place, and they were from her origionally :)

the site is www.dogtraininginfo.co.uk then click on the big SASS link, and go to collars, leads and walking belts

Its really strong, the buckle doesnt take any of the strain so dont worry about that, its all in the carabiner, which is mountainering grade, so really strong, it locks aswell so it cant open and the lead fall out or anything.

The issue i've had with two walking belts i've used (different manufacturers) is the belt clip slipping when the dog's pulled to the side or jerk forward. Once the whole bit came out the clip and the belt just fell off. Totally useless as sometimes the dogs so tend to walk to the side to sniff etc.

Have you found it loosens off at all with your two on it?

Only used it once but it doesnt seem to no, the end of the strap is doubled over so even if it did I dont think it could come out. My 2 also pull to the side, but TBH if you dont notice it loosening that much you must be in a dream world as this ones strap is quite long :lol: so would be really loose by the time it got to the end! Dunno if yours was any different??

Yea Nix currently using normal leads, but am gunna order some of their no clips leads, as they're safer cus the clips cant come updone or anything :)

Lisa the sizes are mens waist sizes, im a womans 10-12 and got the 32-42 inch one, as then it fits rick aswell and is not too tight when I have my big coat on :)