Christmas 2011 we need your help xx

valkyries

First off Merry Christmas to every one, it’s nice to read most of you had a good one. Now you can all look forward to the new year, a new start for some and the making of a lot more happy memories.

So let me start by wishing you all a very happy new year I hope all your future dreams and wishes come true, I wish you all good health, love and success in all you do.

Now I want to ask you to think a little of those less fortunate the

Orphans - children who wish and pray for a family.

Sick children - they don’t ask for much, they don’t complain.

You’ll find most of these children will still have a loving smile to give.

Then I want you to think about the homeless this can include children, the elderly, people with mental health, people living on the street through no fault of their own.

Just look out of your window we all know how bad, how cold the weather as been, most of use including myself we don’t give them a thought, we’re to busy shopping, decorating and partying well people it stops here.

We can still do all the things we do at Christmas, but next year with your help Husky Owners are going to make a difference.

How I hear you say, well here’s the plan every year those of you with children throw out the old to make way for the new.

Well this year Husky Owners wants all your old toys, clothes any thing you have that could be reused that you no longer need.

The plan is to keep this thread going all year collect as much as we can then distribute next Christmas to Hospitals, Children’s Homes, Homeless centres things like this.

So what do we need you to do ?? first off any toys that your children no longer want/need send to me, they must be in good condition. I have a year to repaint or dress dolls so don’t worry about chips or clothes for the dolls this can be sorted.

Clothes as long as they are in good condition we want them, these will be sent to Val (Zebedee) Thanks Val.

For those of you who don’t have children well there’s are lots off sales and cheap shops, pick up a colouring book, crayons a book a little doll, car any thing. A scarf, gloves.

We have a whole year to do this so come on Husky Owners lets show we care for more than just our dogs, let’s show what a loving caring family we have here.

If you wish to donate pleases PM me (valkyries) for my address for toys and Val (Zebedee) for clothes, you can also PM Sarah, Val or myself if you need more information.

One last thing Diesel big D as most of you know him will be our Ambassador he will be with us especially when we visit the children. On other runs we will probably take a few dogs with us and near the time we will ask for volunteers to help distribute.

Thats it for now but you will all be kept upto date, now please start looking and get sending let's lite up the lives of the less fortunate next year xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sarah, Val, Amy if you have any thing to add please feel free, i'm bound to have forgotten some thing xxxxxx

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That a fab idea send me your address I will ask all my family to sort things out. If anyone lives near mk it might be easier for someone to pick them all up when it near to the time I was thinking of doing something like this for the dog shelters near us.

For Christmas this year, our local child welfare had a 'shoebox drive' - my daughter and I had to put together a shoebox filled with necessities and fun stuff for an 18 year old girl in her final year of school. The decorated shoebox was something she could keep all her 'stuff' in. This may be a great idea for crayons and colouring in books etc, for sick children as well.

Edit: Thought about it again, it may not be very practical as it will take up quite a bit of space.

great Idea.

With a whole year to prepare, everyone should be able to find something to give.

Even if they find something in a Charity shop. That way they are giving to at least two good causes. biggrin.gif

yep thats right Andy and you and Kell being close to me will be ropped in to help lol xxxxxx

Cool, Whatever we can do biggrin.gif

Thank you all i can store things here and do them up dress dolls any thing that needs doing, i have already started to collect stuff. been buying afew things when out an about. Becky i like the shoe box idea and i think that would be great for childrens hospitals so i'm not going to dismiss it.

Also thank you Becky it would be great if you could sort some thing with Gigi in your area xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx start sending any time you can people and all year please, just PM for addresses xxxxxxxx

anything we can do to distribute just ask.......our daughter Jamie really looks after her clothes and toys so they will be coming your way when shes done with them xx

Keep our eye on the thread, coming up to next autumn, we will have to start thinking about who & where we distribute, so you can lend a hand making the decisions & distributing the clothes :up:

That a fab idea send me your address I will ask all my family to sort things out. If anyone lives near mk it might be easier for someone to pick them all up when it near to the time I was thinking of doing something like this for the dog shelters near us.

We will no doubt have a 3rd Birthday Husky Camp around October if it's easier to bring clothes & toys to, Linda & I will probably be there (as usual!) to collect things if you don't want to post stuff & you don't mind storing it till then

great Idea.

With a whole year to prepare, everyone should be able to find something to give.

Even if they find something in a Charity shop. That way they are giving to at least two good causes. biggrin.gif

Even if every member sent EITHER 1 toy or 1 piece of clothing, we would have thousands to distribute, wherever we are

excellent idea linda-anything i can do to help up this end with val just let me know-lisa and i are excellent on sewing machines and i'm always available. Xxx

I'm a whizz with hand-sewing too, so between us, we'll be reet!! :lol: thanks, girls, xx

Excellent idea. Maybe members could bring items to the Camp in April if posting them would be an issue. I for one could help with transporting clothes back to the Northwest

Aw, Lee! You beat me to it!! :up:

Do you want kids clothes or any clothes?

I've got bags of old clothes under my spare bed that I've been meaning to take to a charity shop for a couple of years :o

TBH, hun, ANYTHING you have, child or adult, will be useful, thank you, x