Rescued stray huskies on my street!

HeatherHendricks

I was driving to the grocery store with my niece last night. We saw two fluffy huskies walking from house to house without an owner. I just about had a panic-attack because one of them looked very similar to my dog. I followed them in my car and realized there was no one coming for them! I recognized them from a street below us so I jumped out and tried to call them over. One came to me and I found a tag on his collar. I put him in the car and called his parents. They didn't know the huskies has escaped the yard!! The other one was headed to the end of the street where the park begins (no more houses, just coyotes) I managed to get another car to stop to help me...we found the other one when he went to greet some people's dog. I showed him that I had his brother and he came to me. I loaded him up in the car too.

It was cute the way they just jumped into my car.. They were very polite, quiet dogs and my niece pet them and I drove them towards the owner's house. She drove up with her car and was thankful. If no one had caught them, they might have chose to wander into the trail system and become coyote food (we hear them howling every night). This reminds me I need to get Aura a tag in case she ever escapes!!! Perhaps now I can call them up and set up a play date with Aura... :-)

Well done for catching and returning them.

Their owner is Sooooooo lucky.

In the U.K. it is LAW that your dog must be fitted with a collar and a name tag with at the very least a phone number on it.

Yeah, the dogs might have been ok in the bush, but they were too sweet to not try to catch...... Yes, i think there might have been more than one coyote......we often see sets of 2-3 tracks in one place and hear them calling to each other.. YET somehow the wild, white bunny that runs up and down our street manages to survive! Aura loves to chase it...