What should I feed my husky

Machocopter

Hello , I am thinking of buying a Siberian husky so I wanted to gets some owner views on this incredible dog!

I have choose Taste of the wild dog food , because i live in the uk and Wellness ect is not sold in the UK

Many people have said it is great but I wanted to see what other Siberian Husky owners feed their huskies

Can I feed him raw meat?

Can I give him vegetables like a carrot?

Taste of the Wild says it is for all ages , is this true? I found out you need to feed it a strict diet and premium foods

Thanks for Helping rolleyes.gif

Hello , I am thinking of buying a Siberian husky so I wanted to gets some owner views on this incredible dog!

I have choose Taste of the wild dog food , because i live in the uk and Wellness ect is not sold in the UK

Many people have said it is great but I wanted to see what other Siberian Husky owners feed their huskies

Can I feed him raw meat?

Can I give him vegetables like a carrot?

Taste of the Wild says it is for all ages , is this true? I found out you need to feed it a strict diet and premium foods

Thanks for Helping rolleyes.gif

Yes, you can feed him raw meat, but you need to know how. You may want to look at some RAW sources. I don't have experience with TOTW, so someone else will have to tell you about that.

Nothing wrong with raw meat, but you will need to look deeper into it if you want to do a full raw menu. There is a science to it. I feed Taste of the Wild to Cheyenne as she isn't big on raw, she enjoys it and does well on it.

Veggies ect. are unneeded and if you look at their stool you'll see it looks the same way as it does on the way in. It's not broken down or used. There's nothing wrong with it, but it isn't helping either. There is some debate about the incorporation of veggie and plant matter being added to a raw diet... but i've seen the stools and i'm not going to waste money on something that isn't needed. I know some people use the baby carrots as treats for overweight dogs and i've given them to my guys when i've had extra.

We feed Lyra Taste of the Wild (High Prairie formula). It is an all-life stages food, so it is fine for puppies as well as adults. I like the fact that it is grain free.

She's been on it since she was about 4 months old and is doing great. :) Before TOTW she was on Artemis for Medium/Large breed puppies, but her poops were really soft on it.

The breeder we got Zoya from, recommends TOTW Wetlands formula for puppies. This formula is less prone to producing gas than the High Prairie formula. We rotate Zoya between High Prairie, Wetlands, and Pacific Stream. For a puppy, I'd probably not go with the Pacific Stream, only because the protein and fat levels are less than what you will find in the other two formulas and what you might find in other high quality puppy foods.

Zoya gets TOTW and loves it! She does very well on it. We rotate the 3 flavors and she likes each one. Personally, I love the aroma of the High Prairie formula. With roast bison and roast venison, it smells good enough for me to eat! :D I do give her carrots as a healthy treat, which she also loves, but they more or less go right through. The dog doesn't gain any nutritional value from them. TOTW is a little pricey, but the end result it worth every penny. Zoya has healthy skin and a very thick, shiny coat.