How Much do Huskies Eat?

Machocopter

Can anybody tell me the average daily amount of food I should feed a husky of :

8 weeks

6 months

1 year

2 years +

I am sorry to be such a pain with so many posts but you have to understand that buying a husky is like having another member of the family and requires a lot of effort and research!

Please understand me!

thanks for helping

As I dont feed TOTW I cant say if this is right amount or not! But overfeeding your puppy will give it digestion problems and it will come out the other end like a tap. Thats why its recommended to feed a pup 4 times throughout the day!

Never feed RAW and DRY together as they have different digestive times in the dogs stomach.

No , I would not feed raw and dry at the same time. I was meaning one day Dry the the next raw. Varying so the husky does not get bored with the same diet. I read they have very strict diet rules. I will probably feed Dry food most regularly but maybe raw once a week . Would that work?

Oh I have read a lot of good reviews on TOTW. It contains no corn or wheat and the 1st 3 ingredients are meat which I read in an article on this site is the best for a husky and that corn is basically just a filter!

thanks

I have a 14 week old and 14 month old and I feed both taste of the wild and raw but not mixed together in one feed. My pup gets much less than it recommends on the bag, he just had the runs when I did so you just need to experiment with amounts, he also gets a couple of chopped up chicken wings every day I'll add other meats and bones as he gets older. But I really can recommend taste of the wild it's good stuff but a bit of a bugger to get hold of zooplus for example are currently out of stock for the next 3-4 weeks

For a puppy, on TOTW, I would feed 3/4 cup four times a day up to about 4 months, then 1 cup three times a day up to about 10 months, then 1 cup twice a day from there on. Those are simply general guidelines, and adjustment should be expected. Every dog is a bit different, so one dog may do fine on the amounts mentioned, and another dog may need a bit more or a bit less. One thing to remember is that overfeeding a puppy very often leads to loose stools. The guide on the bag is an average based on all breeds. Since Huskies are one of the most efficient metabolic breeds, they do not require as much food as other breeds. If you plan on going with TOTW and RAW, I would recommend making sure you are well-versed in feeding RAW and fully understand the nutritional needs of your dog, and the nutritional benefits that RAW feeding will fulfill.