Bikejoring

Zion

With Zion closely approaching 1 years old, and being able to take him out on the bike. I was curious to which attachment to get, I was wondering if anyone could tell me which is better (pref, by experience not too fussed though), the Walkydog or the Bikejor converter?

Incase your wondering which;

Walkydog: http://www.walky.co.uk/walky-dog-faq.html

Bikejor Converter: http://www.snowpawstore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/_/M/_MG_9859.jpg

Thanks for any replies.

If you are going to use the bikejoring attachment you will first need to teach him the basic left / right / stop commands.

As he will be running out ahead of you. Otherwise you have to follow wherever he goes. biggrin.gif

With the Walkydog he runs beside you and as long as you take corners gradually, YOU control the direction.

The only thing with the walkydog is to make sure that the connector under the seat stem is absolutely rock solid tight. !!

Otherwise it moves backwards and forwards, not good.

I have had Darwin pulling me up to 25 MPH on my Walkydog. (was on a downhill stretch though tongue.gif)

i have the walky dog and it seems pretty stable / strong to me even though i havent used it yet

Thanks

If you are going to use the bikejoring attachment you will first need to teach him the basic left / right / stop commands.

As he will be running out ahead of you. Otherwise you have to follow wherever he goes. biggrin.gif

With the Walkydog he runs beside you and as long as you take corners gradually, YOU control the direction.

The only thing with the walkydog is to make sure that the connector under the seat stem is absolutely rock solid tight. !!

Otherwise it moves backwards and forwards, not good.

I have had Darwin pulling me up to 25 MPH on my Walkydog. (was on a downhill stretch though tongue.gif)

Thanks for the advice exactly what i needed :)

depends if you want him at the side or out front ? Personally for me i like my boys out front, either of those will keep the lines away from the wheels :)

definitely on the side lol i wouldn't feel 100% comfortable with him infront

--

Think im going to opt for the walkydog, is the built in lead any good?

Thanks

--

Think im going to opt for the walkydog, is the built in lead any good?

Yes the lead attachment, is high quality line with a metal spring clip connector.

Inside the Bar are 3 tensile springs, the line runs through these, and when your dog pulls these absorb the shock.

And

As the weight is being pulled from under the seat, all of YOUR weight is over the dragging point.

I'm glad I found this thread. I'd been wanting to go bike/scooter joring with him for a long time but I was always afraid of running him over if he was in front or having him pull me off course and out of control but it looks like the walky dog prevents both of these issues. I think we're going to have to pick one up and give it a go.

Well, my walkydog came in today. That was fast! So I had to try it out, just for a few minutes to see how Max would do on it and, while he was kind of skeptical about being that close to the bike and that confined while running, he was absolutely blissful to be out running. Obviously, he's going to have to get used to it and I don't think it will take any time but at no point did I feel like I was in danger of being pulled over or that he was in any danger of getting caught up in the bike, he was a safe enough distance away.

Only thing I think I will do is maybe let a spring out to give him a little bit more distance from the bike so he isn't so confined.

Here is another attachment for you to check out. Its similar to the walky dog. Its called a springer. Springer Bike Attachment (I hope its ok to post this.....)

I have a Springer, and it works quite well! I have to say, though, that I don't use the safety release that attaches the dog to the Springer. I'd rather run n an area where I know it's unlikely my dog would likely need the quick release, and have the security of knowing it's unlikely to get loose!

Yes, Taylor, its fine... you just can't post links for dogs for sale or where money is asked for an adoption fee...

• 1 month later...

With Zion closely approaching 1 years old, and being able to take him out on the bike. I was curious to which attachment to get, I was wondering if anyone could tell me which is better (pref, by experience not too fussed though), the Walkydog or the Bikejor converter?

Incase your wondering which;

Walkydog: http://www.walky.co....ky-dog-faq.html

Bikejor Converter: http://www.snowpawst.../M/_MG_9859.jpg

Thanks for any replies.

After taking in a husky from the local rescue centre I decided to take up bikejoring, which is brilliant fun. I have produced my own version of the equipment needed at a more sensible price. The equipment has been well tried and tested on my own team of dogs and are now ready for sale.

www.facebook.com/thewondercollar

If you are interested please contact me

post-3271-13585963300249_thumb.jpg

post-3271-13585963366844_thumb.jpg