Rule being broken

Dunc

8.03 - Advertising of websites in direct competition with husky-owners.com is not allowed

I am reading alot of threads and posts within telling member to go to other husky related websites THIS IS GOING TO STOP.

We know most are members of multiple husky sites and most are trying to just be helpful we can see that but from now on any post / threads containing other husky websites will be removed just because there is no http or www. with the names being posted they will still be removed.

As one or two might of noticed this as already started to happen and will continue, there will be no pm's sent out as to why posts are removed unless it comes with a warning for braking Husky-owners Rules.

Have a nice day :)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about lost and found huskies, if someone put up a message like this I cross post it onto other sites and tell the group which sites so they do not duplicate.

I think it is ridiculous if they remove these posts.

8.03 - Advertising of websites in direct competition with husky-owners.com is not allowed

I am reading alot of threads and posts within telling member to go to other husky related websites THIS IS GOING TO STOP.

We know most are members of multiple husky sites and most are trying to just be helpful we can see that but from now on any post / threads containing other husky websites will be removed just because there is no http or www. with the names being posted they will still be removed.

As one or two might of noticed this as already started to happen and will continue, there will be no pm's sent out as to why posts are removed unless it comes with a warning for braking Husky-owners Rules.

Have a nice day :)

What about lost and found huskies, if someone put up a message like this I cross post it onto other sites and tell the group which sites so they do not duplicate.

Come on please don't do this you know we would never do this sad.gif

Fair Play. You worked hard on this site.

Perhaps you should consider having affiliate links or an affiliate thread? That really helped out on my game forum.

That way it's not an advertisement of, this site is better than that site, but you are saying, if you really like huskies and want other places/experienced people to talk to too, you can also try here, here and here.

Stacey xxx

EDIT: Then if people want another site added to the list, a moderator could modify it or something.

EDIT EDIT: Forgot to say, with affiliates you normally agree accross the sites to have a link signposting to one another, so it's kind of like an advert for an advert.

Simple solution without breaking the rules.

Simply copy the info from the other site and create a new post here

(which you would have done anyway to cross post to the other site.)

Simply omit any direct reference to the other site.

People here are still getting the info about the lost dog.

I'd love to get tipped on other informative resources on the web that other find valuable as well :( I don't really understand what's so bad at linking to other resources? I can't see how that would keep people away from this forum. And linking back and forth between different sites would probably get lots of other people knowing about this forum as well, resulting in more users.

Lost of members share their opinions on lots of different sites where you can get huskies. I find that very valuable. But that's just my little opinion here.

I'd love to get tipped on other informative resources on the web that other find valuable as well :( I don't really understand what's so bad at linking to other resources? I can't see how that would keep people away from this forum. And linking back and forth between different sites would probably get lots of other people knowing about this forum as well, resulting in more users.

Lost of members share their opinions on lots of different sites where you can get huskies. I find that very valuable. But that's just my little opinion here.

And we very much appreciate you opinion as without feed back then where would we be thank you :)

Have to admit I don't see some of the sites that I have seen posted about as comp for this site i.e rescue sites when this is more an informative site but regardles this is you're site an rules to be respected and understood

:D

Oh and I'm not on any other husky sites :) Traiters lol

Uh Oh. A slightly dodgy path that the Sibe club followed. Be careful here..

I run one of those sites you could consider a competitor I suppose. IMHO a forum is only successful because of it's members and they are going to use whatever site they prefer. The more rules you impose - the more likely they are to go elsewhere... A forum is for a reason and that is (hopefully) for the good of the breed and not for ego or politics. Sometimes people lose sight of that I think.

This isn't a blatant advert. I'm not interested in that. Just friendly advice from an old hand at this forum lark.

Uh Oh. A slightly dodgy path that the Sibe club followed. Be careful here..

I run one of those sites you could consider a competitor I suppose. IMHO a forum is only successful because of it's members and they are going to use whatever site they prefer. The more rules you impose - the more likely they are to go elsewhere... A forum is for a reason and that is (hopefully) for the good of the breed and not for ego or politics. Sometimes people lose sight of that I think.

This isn't a blatant advert. I'm not interested in that. Just friendly advice from an old hand at this forum lark.

I know your not interested in blatant advertisement Nigel LOL ...

I do know what you mean. The issue here tbh wasnt the fact that we needed a rule to stop it, it was more to point out the forum does have its set of rules and they cant just be ignored in practically every post which is what was happening. It may well be rethought at some point, I know yourselves dont have any ruling of this kind at all. Different ways of working I guess, but whatever we decide to do it will be something that will need to be discussed by the staff on the site as Im sure you do on your own.

Appreciate the input though Nigel. About bloody time ya posted something :D ..

Sorry - like you I've been busy elsewhere. Revamping our other site from scratch has taken alot longer than I expected and is still on-going, but I'm getting there...

LOL .... I know m8. And these people think we do nothing rolleyes.gif Likin your logo btw. Not so sure about the twinklin stars in the background. Take the eye away from the page IMO. Good luck with the revamp though, I know it takes a lot of hard work

Check your FB messages btw