Rule being broken

Dunc

Ahhhhhh now me see LOL .... Will go have a look in a min m8

EDIT: Just been over to have a look. Cant remember for the life of be what it looked like before to be honest m8, but looks clean and professional at present. You done a good job of it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to get tipped on other informative resources on the web that other find valuable as well :( I don't really understand what's so bad at linking to other resources? I can't see how that would keep people away from this forum. And linking back and forth between different sites would probably get lots of other people knowing about this forum as well, resulting in more users.

IMHO a forum is only successful because of it's members and they are going to use whatever site they prefer. The more rules you impose - the more likely they are to go elsewhere... A forum is for a reason and that is (hopefully) for the good of the breed and not for ego or politics. Sometimes people lose sight of that I think.

as a new member, I agree with these two posts. I understand you work hard to manage the forum, but the members and advice are what makes someone come back to a forum :mellow:

snapback.pngBlueWolf, on 04 January 2011 - 10:37 AM, said:

I'd love to get tipped on other informative resources on the web that other find valuable as well :( I don't really understand what's so bad at linking to other resources? I can't see how that would keep people away from this forum. And linking back and forth between different sites would probably get lots of other people knowing about this forum as well, resulting in more users.

snapback.pngSibeSpace, on 07 January 2011 - 09:24 PM, said:

IMHO a forum is only successful because of it's members and they are going to use whatever site they prefer. The more rules you impose - the more likely they are to go elsewhere... A forum is for a reason and that is (hopefully) for the good of the breed and not for ego or politics. Sometimes people lose sight of that I think.

as a new member, I agree with these two posts. I understand you work hard to manage the forum, but the members and advice are what makes someone come back to a forum

Ditto. Its kind of hard when someone on here asks about how to start sledding or ski-joring or bike-joring with their dog (s) and I can't send them to other sites that have lots of really good information on them.

With all due respect I do wish if people were going to read the announcements they wouldnt cherry pick and read all of them .... On top of this actually read the rules in which they agreed to.

First of all this was posted after this topic regarding new rule changes

http://www.husky-own...9-rule-changes/

secondly the rules in which every single person who has replied since has agreed to the new rules .... I highly suggest you read them as you are arguing against something that has been altered.

5.02 - Advertising of websites in direct competition with husky-owners.com is not allowed. You may refer to such site in answer to questions etc, however direct advertising of any kind is not allowed.

Now please can we stop saying we are against a rule that no longer exists. This was changed as the majority of people did not agree with it and some of the staff were in 2 minds about it. When we actually listen and change things for the better of the community its rather annoying when people dont actually read the things you changed. ie. the rules you agreed to.

• 1 month later...

Oops. I think I may be guilty. I havent said to go to a different site specifically, but I have suggested an organisation to someone (put their name in a post) for peole to go to for re-homing a husky..I thought it might help them and their situation.

Im guessing this is naughty bad! I will behave from now on! Apologies! :D

I don't think that would be against the rules. 99% of the people here know organisations like HIN, SHWA etc, and as Marc said refering to them is fine. If someone were to sign up looking for a husky there wouldn't be anything wrong with suggesting they get in contact with one of these organisations. Husky-Owners is not selling huskies, so it's not affecting competition here (in act i would be helping charities that are overrun with homeless dogs). Different if you were to suggest they check out a different husky forum to see if any huskies there are going ;)

Fair Play. You worked hard on this site.

Perhaps you should consider having affiliate links or an affiliate thread? That really helped out on my game forum.

That way it's not an advertisement of, this site is better than that site, but you are saying, if you really like huskies and want other places/experienced people to talk to too, you can also try here, here and here.

Stacey xxx

EDIT: Then if people want another site added to the list, a moderator could modify it or something.

EDIT EDIT: Forgot to say, with affiliates you normally agree accross the sites to have a link signposting to one another, so it's kind of like an advert for an advert.

i must agree on that ...........thats fair to all as im no threat now or ever to this site wink.gifwink.gif