Thats the last straw they are going

yamahar6wme

I was having a really nice day being back at work looking forward to coming home i walk in my male got into our bathroom destroyed the whole room pulled the carpet up empted the nappy bin poo everywhere not funny and worst of all i brought my hubby a brand new shaver for xmas really good one and he was really happy with it that was the last straw i jut about tollarated the house being destroyed and were renting but my personal things and then i walk into my room which we were using for sky and kiara and she destroyed so much got into one of my handbags and got a bingo pen its all over our carpet so thats new crapets now i thought theyd get better but its always something our house alarm zero chewed the wiring they are ungreatfl dogs we feed them walk them give them a loving home so much for mans best friend so know all of them are for saler we were thinking of keeping kiara but no all 3 of them are going they have pushed me tooo far the amount we spend on them for this in return i put up with the wee the poo the destroying and dog hair for too long know my partner said it will kill him to sell them but he isnt the one dealing with all of this zero is nearly 3 he isnt a pup what he did id accept form a pup not from him its put me off dogs for life they might be beautiful but worst behaved dogs ive ever know even my mums and dads dog a boxer has never been like that not even a pup worst he did is chew up a phone in my pocket and he was only 4 months then

sorrry about long explanation just soo mad and upset

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear your having a tough time - have u tried crating them?

my girl used to chew EVERYTHING so we got the crate out and crated her - its lovely coming home to a house that isnt chewed - my dad nearly made us get rid of skyla - thats y i got the crate out and crated her - she still has her moments - she will chew my stuff if i go out - even if other people are in the house but when we go out its safer for her to be crated and it gives us peace of mind

That's why I've usually left my dogs confined in a crate until I know they won't do such things when I'm gone... They are dogs, and while they often seem like people, they aren't human, and we can't expect them to think like we do. They have doggy reasons for doing the doggy things they do, and we can't make them human.

crates are a great way of stopping any chewing when not in the house.....

but at the end of the day they are just dogs.....they got bored and so entertained themselves!!!!!!

its not their fault that what they did was wrong! they have no concept of 'what i can play with' verses 'its my humans fav so no playing'

if my dogs have chewed anything then its the human's fault for

-not putting it away high enough

-not crating them

-not giving them enough mental stimulation

So sorry to hear that you've had some destruction. If you weren't aware of the boredom/exercise issues with Huskies prior to adopting them, you may not have done enough research. You will find many a post on here about destruction. Have you ever tried crate training? It does work for many a husky. Not mine in particular, but the worst that I have had happen so far with these two is a bunch of bananas eaten off the counter and a package with a microfiber cloth ripped to shreds (Jackson thought it was a toy inside and loves the sound of crinkling heavy plastic!) I understand your frustrations, but I am not sure the responses you will receive will be the sympathy you may be looking for. I can certainly empathize...Andy broke out of his crate four times and eventually destroyed it, but does not destroy anything in the house. My last husky that is now gone used to eat the walls when she experienced separation anxiety. There's a picture of this on here somewhere. They are definitely capable of a large amount of destruction....and this is well documented on most sites about huskies. Are you exercising them before you leave them? Do they have something to do or chew on when you are gone that is acceptable? Sounds like it's time for some crate training or looking into a doggie day care. Hope you can somehow change your mind, because selling them to someone else and not telling them about the behaviors would not be very ethical.

Do you leave them with lots of things when you are gone? We dont crate shadow but he is confined to one room while he is a pup when were out bit like a big crate i guess and everything is out of his reach that he could possibly destroy theres been the odd time weve forgot to pick something up but he hasnt actually chewed hardly anything he is left with lots of toys and a few mind game toys also like the kong wobbler that he has to work to get the treats out etc and a stuffed kong also thats the one that usually keeps him occupied for ages then he just sleeps after that he is also walked for a while before we leave him otherwise i reckon he would go mad and eat the walls lol

crates are a great way of stopping any chewing when not in the house.....

but at the end of the day they are just dogs.....they got bored and so entertained themselves!!!!!!

its not their fault that what they did was wrong! they have no concept of 'what i can play with' verses 'its my humans fav so no playing'

if my dogs have chewed anything then its the human's fault for

-not putting it away high enough

-not crating them

-not giving them enough mental stimulation

yup - agree 100% like it was my fault skyla chewed my £150 straighteners :o - i forgot to put them away so its tuff poop lol

I would crate them if I was you are malamute gets put in the crate when we go out even if only to walk the other dogs as he chews everything in sight including are walls and floor so now he goes in the crate the other 3 are locked down stairs as they are fine.

Mine have always been crated when they are left alone, I have NEVER had issues with chewing even when they were pups and they were out roaming around the house sometimes out of sight. They love their crates and always go into them voluntarily especially for some time out or to cool down (the bottom is metal).

You should give it a try before finding them new homes, good luck xx

guys i ve honistly tried it they both hate the crate and always find a way to get out both times we put zero in his crate we even cable tied the doors he scratched the floor as it moved when he scratched the gate and he still got out there is no helping them they are both out of control its really upset me i cryed when i saw what they did weve tried giving them kongs treats hedden whilst were out toys teddies and they have no intrest in that the shaver cost £70 thats a lot of money to me and cant get one cheaper it really hurt my feelings i loved them to bits but they are making me hate them more n more we had to put sky upstairs with kiara but luckly kiara is nealry weaned so they wont have to be much longer together we only have one crate as sky didnt used to be too bad but if u did crate her she would poo in the crate and get it all over her self they do seem ungrateful to me they are not mans best friend i cant name one thing theyve done that would change my mind we spent so much on toys and treats and they dont have intrest in them sorry about spelling just so angry and upset ive had to lock them away to stop my self because i am at braking point i dont believe in hitting dogs but i was so close you woldnt believe.

I would crate them if I was you are malamute gets put in the crate when we go out even if only to walk the other dogs as he chews everything in sight including are walls and floor so now he goes in the crate the other 3 are locked down stairs as they are fine.

i am not after sympathy i would have not been mad if it was my fault we put zero on our landing and stairs due to him not liking our concervertory so we thought we would try it and give him a chance and to start with it was brilliant didnt do anything no peeeing pooing no destroying things its over last few days and weve been at home with them being xmas they get walked as much as possible if not played with until exausted as sometimes we cant walk them if my hubby gets back too late as i have two young kids and cant walk them both.

you need to train them to like their crates then if they dont like them - or lock them in an empty room with just toys and treats and NOTHING else in there - you cant expect to lock them away and think they will be ok - they are going to get bored

especially if they arent getting all the exercise they are used to - why dont you walk them earlier - if you know or think ur partner might not be back till late you and the kids can go for a nice walk together with them

:/

They're dogs, not people, they'll get bored and then get destructive. It doesn't mean they're ungrateful, and it doesn't mean you should hate them or want to hit them :/

Dogs don't know the value of human items/presents, they aren't doing it to spite you.

If they were doing well and now are not, they are probably not happy that their routine has been changed, again. I understand the crate issue. Mine was locked and bungee cord tied, and Andy pulled the whole thing off the bottom and squeezed out, but did not destroy anything else in the house, just the crate. He is a rescue and we can only guess he had very bad experiences being confined previously. Like everyone else has said, this is Husky behavior and they are dogs. While at one time they may have appeared to know better, now they are not doing better. There are some separation anxiety products, like Thunder vests (supposedly calms them down) or some scents that you can plug into the wall that supposedly have pheromones that relax the dogs. Might be worth researching about separation anxieties first.

guys i ve honistly tried it they both hate the crate and always find a way to get out both times we put zero in his crate we even cable tied the doors he scratched the floor as it moved when he scratched the gate and he still got out there is no helping them they are both out of control its really upset me i cryed when i saw what they did weve tried giving them kongs treats hedden whilst were out toys teddies and they have no intrest in that the shaver cost £70 thats a lot of money to me and cant get one cheaper it really hurt my feelings i loved them to bits but they are making me hate them more n more we had to put sky upstairs with kiara but luckly kiara is nealry weaned so they wont have to be much longer together we only have one crate as sky didnt used to be too bad but if u did crate her she would poo in the crate and get it all over her self they do seem ungrateful to me they are not mans best friend i cant name one thing theyve done that would change my mind we spent so much on toys and treats and they dont have intrest in them sorry about spelling just so angry and upset ive had to lock them away to stop my self because i am at braking point i dont believe in hitting dogs but i was so close you woldnt believe.

Well ive had some experiance with my two getting out of crates i tried everything with it cable ties pad locks everything! Also if you put a dog in an enviroment it doesnt like or gets really stressed out in it can damage the dogs mental health (i have seen this previously).

Somtimes its not the owners fault that they destroy thing specially if they have gone out of thier way to try and hide things from the dog. It is really frustrating and you have to work hard to get them to stop doing things like this, Have you tried maby training classes? or even doing so menatally stimulating games with them before you go out?

While i dont agree with keeping huskies out of crates as it may cause them harm i dont agree with puting them under unessesary stress either.

At the end of the day you have to think to yourself have you really tried everything? If you have then this would b the time to think can you really cope with them no matter how much you love them? You have to do what's best for you and your family in the end no matter what people think xx

sorry if it doesnt make much sence

right ive calmed down a little they are on last chance i ve spoken to a good dog trainer who has given me some advice he thinks its due to the food they are being fed on so i am going to try that and walk them before we go bed as well as earlier on in the day see if that helps but if anything else gets destroyed that it gone i have temp removed sale adds but one more thing no matter what it is they go back on i cant do this anymore i know what their breed is like we read it before we had either of them just didnt expect this