Thats the last straw they are going

yamahar6wme

I've got to say I agree with Sarah that the dogs would probably be better off in a new home, but you've got to remember the puppy at this time. Although you said you have now taken them down, you mentioned you'd already put adverts up to sell the dogs but would you have let them go now if someone had replied tonight? Where does Kiara stand in all this mess? She's way too young to be either separated from her mum or moved into a completely new environment. What if the new owners didn't know how to deal with the pup, or didn't look for the best home for her? At least wait until she's older and in her new home before you decide what to do with her parents.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well firstly the way your talking its like you think they're doing it on purpose! If someone left you locked in a house all day and just left you there every day you'd get bored so just put yourself in their mind for a second! Their dogs they're not being vindictive they're amusing themselves the best they can, thats no reason to hate them! To think they dont "deserve" a walk because they've been distructive is not only silly its counter productive as the less exercise they get the more they will act out!

Im sorry to say it and Im not judging you, but it sounds like your not coping at all, I think it would be best all round if you gave them to SHWA or HIN who will find them homes that can put the time and training into them that they so clearly need.

Completely agree with Sarah here.

The mentality of deserving walks and shutting them in the conservatory is just selfish and making the problems worse.

They are dogs, not people.

They NEED walks regardless of their breed. They NEED stimulation, regardless of their breed.

If you didn't realise this before you got a dog, and you didn't research properly this particular breed, then you shouldn't have gone ahead getting a dog in the first place. That may sound harsh, but I don't like to molly-coddle something that is plain to see.

Tbh both of us reading this now your posts are disturbing. The dogs are not the problem, they' are bored, underexercised and crying for attention.

Please, please dont sell them REHOME THEM.

Zuzana,

Am glad to see that you've contacted a trainer. Trainers don't come cheap and I hope that you are prepared for the financial and time that must be put into your pack to bring them where you need them to be. You might want to PM different members here - I know of several who've been in situations that they didn't think they'd get through, but with the help of trainers and behaviorists they now have a strong, well-behaved pack.

I understand your frustration. Having three huskies and children is very demanding. Do know that I/we want nothing more than for you to be successful with them.

IF you honestly feel like you can no longer deal with the dogs, and since I don't know much more about how and where you got them, I have one question...

If you purchased the adults from a reputable breeder, does your contract say anything about them accepting the dogs back at any time for any reason? Most breeders have such a clause in the contract. I would begin there if you must give them up.

I know that as a whole, we husky fanatics (myself included) often don't have a lot of empathy for those who've gotten in over their heads with the breed as we see it so often and it breaks our hearts. There are so many that have been given up because people weren't fully prepared.

I also feel that altering the adults is a good step. Take your time, don't act upon your reaction to the damages done. Life with huskies is never easy ...we are here to help.

Becky

definitely get them altered, I think it would really calm down Zero. Embry used to destroy everything! He ripped up all the carpeting in our apartment before he was 5 months old. We got him done a few weeks after that and he hasn't destroyed anything.

Also I agree with getting the plastic crate, it would be quite hard for them to get out of.

Not everyone can be fully compatible with dogs and huskies seem to be pretty rough to have to deal with from all I've heard. I can't say for sure because my one girl has really been a blessing to look after and hasn't done anything bad yet apart for slow potty training which is all my fault for giving her too much freedom to fast, unsupervised at times inside and mainly having two different places she is allowed to go (outside and balcony) that confuses her.

I believe it was and still is nice of you to try what you can, they could have ended up in a much worse home. You wouldn't have found out they were or weren't for you after you tried. Sometimes, no matter how much you read or don't, you won't know until you take the plunge and try it out.

What seems to matter with huskies is their owners level of adaptability and surrounding environment. The more room they have to roam, have fun in a backyard or dogpark with themsleves and other dogs or part of a larger family that is around, the less you will need to change from your normal human lifestyle to cope better.

Your trainer mentions food as a cause. Have you tried a raw diet? This should give them a more steady release of energy throughout the day. Apart from more correct exercise as others have said, it may also be time to start a steady routine with strict house rules and discipline (non physical, sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind and I think this is where part of the problem comes from), stay consistent.

Crate training can be hard in the beginning but its def worth it. Fia has destroyed many many pairs of shoes. Now i go for a run with her before leaving work and she is fine all day and then i walk her once i get home. my friend goes skateboarding and rollerblading with her dogs and after that they sleep for hours. you can also train them to run next to a bike.

If they are excercised enought they will be less distructive.

I can understand that its hard to dedicate the time to excercise them, I have to get up earlier in the morning to have enough time to run with Fia but I spend so much less time worring about her when i am at work. and the run is good for me too :rolleyes:

I really hope you can find a way to keep them.

• 2 weeks later...