• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Funny you should post that- They are local to me- We do a lot of events with B.A.S.H and S.H.R.R.- They are much smaller than we are but have a lot of really good people. We actually use parts of that handout for our fosters and potential adopters.

Very helpful.

Funny you should post that- They are local to me- We do a lot of events with B.A.S.H and S.H.R.R.- They are much smaller than we are but have a lot of really good people. We actually use parts of that handout for our fosters and potential adopters.

Very helpful.

I usually have a couple of copies in my car and camper, in case someone falls in love with Ryn and feels they should get a husky...Also take them to the Iowa Camp as we always invite the public to come see the many huskies there. Someone usually has questions and it's good to provide them with accurate information.

I'm actually working on one of these for HO (but SHHHH it's a secret!) LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the section about the collar! I grow tired of the critics at the park and on our walk everyday. :)

Agree! I always thought they were bad and only for people with ill-mannered dogs who had to resort to pain to maintain some semblance of control. But a few weeks ago I finally had enough of Scout, who walks great on a regular nylon collar with a choke-chain portion - except for the fact that he insists on leaning on it. Not pulling, just always leaning 5 lbs of pressure on it. Nothing I could do would convince him to walk loose leash - he'd be right beside me and still insisted on leaning.

I remembered reading about them in that link and how maybe they weren't so bad under certain conditions and when used appropriately, so I bought a prong collar. What. A. Difference. Now I can give him far gentler corrections and he doesn't lean on it! :bananadance1: