Guide For Siberian Owners

Austinville

.....I remembered reading about them in that link and how maybe they weren't so bad under certain conditions and when used appropriately, so I bought a prong collar. What. A. Difference. Now I can give him far gentler corrections and he doesn't lean on it! :bananadance1:

I have, and still do occassionally, use one with Ryn. I've tried the gentle leader and everything else, without success. I like that when I do use it, she responds quickly and as you stated, with far gentler correction - if any at all. Most times, just having it on is enough of a reminder on how she should act in any given situation.

The key is that it is only another tool, not a solution.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have, and still do occassionally, use one with Ryn. I've tried the gentle leader and everything else, without success. I like that when I do use it, she responds quickly and as you stated, with far gentler correction - if any at all. Most times, just having it on is enough of a reminder on how she should act in any given situation.

The key is that it is only another tool, not a solution.

Agree! I initially used a halter for training Scout and it worked great, but he hates it and just never seemed to get used to it. He adapted very quickly to the prong collar and definitely respects it.

Actually, anyone who is concerned about what it does to their dog should go ahead and put one on their bare leg! I put it on my thigh and tugged on it with a leash and you get a good idea of what it feels like - and that's on bare, sensitive skin with no fur protection!