3 Month old diarrhea issue

jonnyc4t

I know what you mean about the cost of raw, plus for a puppy, it makes me a bit nervous since there really isn't a "Feeding a Sibe Raw Foods for Dummies". I had an issue with runny poo, no vomiting though, and my pup was drinking what seemed like gallons of water, she was pooping all the time and had horrible gas. I was feeding her a food with a lot of grain without realizing it and although she was happy and playful, she began to refuse her meals, I couldn't get her to eat anything, I was lucky if she would pick a few kibbles out of her bowl and actually swallow them. I switched her to Orijen puppy, literally a few hours later her poop was dark and firmer (mind you after the firm part, some yellow squirt came out) and although she was still hesitant about eating, she did eat a bit more and now she eats like a champ! After about a week her poo is consistantly dark and firm. I guess the grain in her diet really did her out!

Also, pumpkin I hear is not only good for firming up stools, but also helps with constipation! (Very weird to me that it would do both, but I've read this quite a few places)

I hope you find something that works for you and Odin :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean about the cost of raw, plus for a puppy, it makes me a bit nervous since there really isn't a "Feeding a Sibe Raw Foods for Dummies". I had an issue with runny poo, no vomiting though, and my pup was drinking what seemed like gallons of water, she was pooping all the time and had horrible gas. I was feeding her a food with a lot of grain without realizing it and although she was happy and playful, she began to refuse her meals, I couldn't get her to eat anything, I was lucky if she would pick a few kibbles out of her bowl and actually swallow them. I switched her to Orijen puppy, literally a few hours later her poop was dark and firmer (mind you after the firm part, some yellow squirt came out) and although she was still hesitant about eating, she did eat a bit more and now she eats like a champ! After about a week her poo is consistantly dark and firm. I guess the grain in her diet really did her out!

Also, pumpkin I hear is not only good for firming up stools, but also helps with constipation! (Very weird to me that it would do both, but I've read this quite a few places)

I hope you find something that works for you and Odin :)

Thanks for the input. I know what you mean about the pumpkin. Very Strange it works in both ways.

I had him out before I left for work and he went a little more so maybe he isn't constipated. The new kibble I have he seemed to LOVE. This is the blue buffalo, 100% grain free, wilderness (chicken flavor). I am going to continue to feed that to him to see how it works out. This will be the last kibble I try. If it doesn't agree with his belly I am going to go raw.

i dont think you can beat a natural raw diet but im so glad he is doing well.

I am not necessarily trying to beat a raw diet. I know raw is the most healthy way that a dog can eat. This seems to be a great alternative to us folk who can't afford raw (meat and food in general is super expensive in my parts) and are to nervous to monitor/do it incorrectly.

really pleased he's doing well. have you told your vet yet....LOL he he he, my vet just cant get her head round the chick wing thing when they have an upset tummy, she just doesnt believe me it works.

I fixed your post! Heheh. :D

I go back the 26th, I may try bringing this $50 box of "FortiFlora" with me to see if I can get my money back! Doubtful but it's worth a shot.

ooops and how could i make that mistake when i have 2 boys myself!!! LOL

yeah well i'd be asking for some money back too and asking them to research huskys. im on a mission to find a vet who actually has a clue about huskys! my vet is pleased though that i run mine, she says she gets frustrated when people have a working pet and then cant cope with the energy!