Hello from Florida!

Stephjls

Hello! My name is Stephanie, I joined yesterday and lurked for a couple hours. I recognize a few of you from the other forum.

Anyhow, I am 19 years old and do not have a husky yet, BUT after a few months of searching for a breeder I have finally chosen one, and the dog who will be having my puppies just went into heat a few days ago :)

I work at a dog daycare, and was suppose to start school today for my business degree, but instead I signed up to start in June. I live with my boyfriend of two years, and we already have a pit lab mix. We are moving out of this place around July,/August into a house. The deal breaker is a fence, and we've looked at a couple places, but nothing has been just right yet. So, yes we are a very busy couple, but we still manage to goto the dog park twice a week and the dog beach once. I work at the daycare four days a week, and so does Brandon. We have opposing schedules. Nitro, the dog we have now, lives for work, and the dog beach.

The lady I have chosen is a breeder in North Carolina. So we are packing up the truck, and bringing Nitro along with us when time comes for our new puppy. I'm very excited, but super nervous!

IMG00291-20101201-1423169.jpg

IMG00232-20101111-1417110.jpg

Thats Nitro. Hes the cutest :)

The second picture is him in a mud hole at work, haha.

welcome to the forum

nitro is gorgeous and congrats on picking a breeder for you new addition...

we will need pix though lol we love pix

if you have any questions, post em up and we will help!

if not then welcome and i hope to see you posting

kelly x

welcome to the forum

nitro is gorgeous and congrats on picking a breeder for you new addition...

we will need pix though lol we love pix

if you have any questions, post em up and we will help!

if not then welcome and i hope to see you posting

kelly x

Shall I post pictures of the parents of my future puppy?

welcome to the pack - nitro is just the cutest! :D

yes please would love to see your pups parents :)

IMG00518-20110109-1327.jpg

Brown one is Savannah, she is the mother. Black one is Sniper, he is the father. Her website wouldn't let me copy pictures onto my computer, but you can check out her website and a bunch of pictures of both of these dogs:

http://www.wix.com/alluresiberians/alluresiberians/sniper -- Sniper

http://www.wix.com/alluresiberians/alluresiberians/savannah -- Savannah

They haven't "tied" yet, but I am going to check back in a week to see where we stand.

Hi Stephanie, welcome to the Pack. If the pups are half as good looking as the parents, they will be georgous. Good luck when you get him.

Welcome Stephanie, Nitro and new puppy addition (do you have names in mind yet or are you going to wait till you meet the pup?)

Congrats on the new baby or soon to be LOL, also well done for researching and joining the forum to get more info! You sound like you'll be well prepaird by the time your pup is ready!:)

Oh man, lots of names in mind. I probably won't decide on just one name until I meet the puppy. My favorite (this week) is Astro. But we'll see.

I probably sound prepared, but I still don't feel it yet. I am getting a crate within the week from the owners of my dog daycare. They get them super cheap at dog shows.

Once I get that, and a few items, I will feel more prepared.

Welcome to the Best husky forum in the World !!!! biggrin.gif

When you get your pup you'll find all kinds of new challenges.

Don't hesitate to ask for help and advice.

It's what we do best here.

Don't be shy join in. laugh.gif

Hey! I LOVE Sniper!!!!! He's such a pretty dog and has an awesome personality! He was one of my favorites out of all her dogs. Funny thing is he loves to be groomed. lol. Be carefull if you bring your dog with you. Her house is a mad house of huskies! Make sure you bring a crate and can leave him in the car while you meet and greet. Her bunch would be overwhelming for any new dog!

Sniper is in the foreground and Elara's dad is in the background. And notice the clay on my jeans. Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty when you're there!

CIMG1665.jpg

Hey! I LOVE Sniper!!!!! He's such a pretty dog and has an awesome personality! He was one of my favorites out of all her dogs. Funny thing is he loves to be groomed. lol. Be carefull if you bring your dog with you. Her house is a mad house of huskies! Make sure you bring a crate and can leave him in the car while you meet and greet. Her bunch would be overwhelming for any new dog!

Sniper is in the foreground and Elara's dad is in the background. And notice the clay on my jeans. Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty when you're there!

I'm to excited! Hopefully the pup will pick up on Snipers love for grooming, because i'll probably be blow-drying him after work everyday! Nitro hates the blow dryer, but jumps into the bath tub! He's such a clown.

Nitro will stay in the car. He gets a little nervous when we're in new places and a lot is going on. Plus, i'm sure it will be suppperr exciting for the huskies if there is a new dog around! haha. I just don't want him to feel left out, us being gone for a good day and a half and coming home with a new dog. I'd like him to meet the pup before we bring him home. (Okay so Nitro is a little spoiled, thats okay, right? haha)

So, we need to to meet at one of those husky playdates after I get the little guy! I'm so excited to join the husky club :P

awwwww love the muddy puddle pic :D

Welcome to the pack :D

Haha, when all the dogs are inside, I bring Nitro out and throw the ball for him a bit. In the summer times we had to constantly water the trees, and he would always dig. So I just filled his hole with water. A little mud never hurt my dog (though it would probably kill me if the other dogs got into a mud hole like that and the owners found out). One time it has rained all day (welcome to FL! ha) and we were trying to get the dogs out as much as possible, since we are indoor and outdoor, and its less stinky to scoop poop outside then inside! Well an owner SCREAMED at us because her dog played in puddles. (mind you they are all blow dried and clean before they go home). God forbid her dog get dirty, and be, well, a DOG!