Do any of your dogs have part wolf in their bloodline?

aMartyrsHeart

No, mine don't. Wolves are not found naturally in South Africa, but over the years some have made their way here (?) There is a privately owned non-profit Wolf Sanctuary where wolves and wolf hybrids are kept. They have a number of husky/wolf hybrids - stunning animals, but all were given up as they were not suitable pets, or should I say the people who had them as pets were not equipped to deal with them and their special needs.

The sanctuary is about a three hours drive from our home - in the most beautiful part of our country. The wolves and hybrids thrive there - it is a thrill to go and see them. The husky/wolf hybrids are huge and absolutely stunning, but I know I would not be able to give them what they need. Sorry, went a bit off track there :) If you are interested, this is a link to their site : http://www.wolfsa.org.za/index.htm