The price of Diesel is enough 2 make u cry !!!!

KERNOWHUSKIES

I put some in yesterday at Morrisons n £10.00 only got me 7.53 ltrs :(

Think i have given this 2 u b4 but i find it very helpful.

I get updates twice a week on Diesel n Petrol prices n it gives u the 3 cheapest petrol stations in ur area just go to this site www.petrolprices.com

u can then log in n choose wot settings, its really good n u always know where the cheapest is.

Sometime they also send u links to petitions to the government regarding the price of fuel going up etc which i always fill in cos every name helps.

Hope u find this helpfull cos i sure do.

Em x

Good site Emily, i must admit i have been toying with the idea of getting a smaller more economical car but it would take years to actually save the money i would have to spend in the first place buying a new car !!!! arrgghhhhhh so not sure what to do, i can't see petrol, tax or insurance prices dropping anytime soon so maybe i should just bite the bullit

just cost me £60 to fill my tank from orange light to full. ohmy.gif

this will last me 2 weeks

I am actually going to be getting rid of my truck in part because of the fuel costs. I have an L200 and with having to come home from work now to let the dogs out I have travelled over 120 miles in 3 days. My truck costs between 60-70 to fill up and only gets 300 miles out of that. Just looking to something that is smaller but can still tow a small trailer (for camping purposes) and hold a husky and a 'horse' insidesmile.gif. We just had to replace Ian's van as he broke the gearbox in thatrolleyes.gif. Definitely gotta get it sorted before April or else no camping for ussad.gif

The UK prices for all fuel are 3 to 4 times more expensive that the US prices... So imagine how you would feel if you lived here!It is beyond stupid! I barely have any money in my pocket anymore thanks to the cost of petrol. Be thankful that diesel is more efficient and gives you longer range than unleaded as unleaded is almost as expensive and gets used faster!And btw I also thought someone was complaining about their new doggy costing too much lol

It's typical of a British government to shaft the motorist as they've been doing it for years because were an easy target. We will complain and sign petitions and possibly even demonstrate but they know we have no choice but to pay the inflated prices for fuel.

One of the current governments election pledges was to look at a fuel stabiliser which would reduce duty when the cost of oil rose and increase the duty when oil prices fell. They are currently back peddling on this pledge as it's more complicated than they thought. To add to the misery the chancellor is likely to add 1p to fuel duty which would add between 3p and 5p per litre in reality.

I wouldn't mind paying some extra fuel duty if they used it for improving the roads and transport in general but they waste it on their half baked schemes instead.

Roll on the revolution is what I say

Unfortunately our government has all the speed of a glassier when it comes to doing something to resolve such serious issues.

I currently get about 25mpg from my 4x4 (petrol) and approx 30 mpg from my dual fuel Astra. It would be helpful if the government re-introduced labours powershift scheme to help with cost of converting cars to run off LPG. The UK is a bulk exporter of LPG as we produce more than we use as it a result it's currently 72p per litre locally. Think I'll look into converting my 4x4 to run on LPG and petrol

Soon people wont be able to afford to work!! this government is totally mad, they say they want to get people out to work but how many businesses are gonna close due to petrol and diesel being out of control!! I think they forget that the price involves jobs too!!

If i go back in to truckin when i move up north im gunna make sure i go with a huge company like Morrisons/Sainsburys/Tesco etc cos 2 them it wont make a difference but if i join a smaller 1 im likely 2 be outta a job quite sharpish.............................................

TELL U WOT THO NO WAY IN THIS WORLD I WOULD WORK FOR EDDIE STOBART...................... !!!!!!! Talk about the biggest pile of s**t company ive eva worked 4, i still cant believe hes made his money, must be giving just the right money to the people in charge if u know wot i mean !!!!!!!!!;)

It's roughly about 94% efficiency when running on LPG compared to Petrol. However due to the higher temperatures involved it's better for your engine reducing servicing costs apparently. The cost of conversion is approximately £1500 but depends on the car and where you live. My Astra was factory converted from new and I've had it since 2005 and it's never missed a beat and has always been run on LPG. It depends on your mileage as to how quickly you would recover the conversion costs.

If looking into converting your car I would suggest ensuring the fitter is suitably qualified and certified by the relevant governing body

Cheers for the info Lee, I have a feeling a conversion in mine will be higher then DOH something to think about though

Emily my friend drives for co-op and he's just been told they are streamlining and will close 3 depots in the midlands this year and his will be one of them. He says the exact same thing as you about Stobart too lol

petrol is awful too :-( i remember when it used to be 79p now it's 1.26p in most places :-( will have to check that site out ems thanks :-)

Thats the annoying thing, its not that long ago when it was 79p a litre, now we get robbed blind on the stuff, it wouldn't be so bad if it was the crude oil that was so expensive but its not it's all tax and VAT on top aaarrgghhhhhhh