Music from your parents

Marc

Thought this would be a good topic... Was just listening to music on my pc and thinking to myself I wonder what music people have picked up that they like from their parents thats not really out of their own era?

Personally I got most of the stuff I like from my dad, which would include the following:

Queen

Guns n Roses

Prince

ELO

Mike Oldfield

Jean Michelle Jarre

Just a few off the top of my head

Some of that is stuff I listened to as a teen, GnR and Prince aren't that old, lol.

I haven't really picked anything up "from" my parents, but I do love some classic rock.

Boston

Hendrix

Zeppelin

Ted Nugent

Pink Floyd

These are just a few bands I really like. I think I have a pretty well versed collection in my library.

My parents' taste is much older than those (more my or my older sisters' era), and never appealed to me. My mom did become corrupted by my brother, however, and absolutely LOVED Van Hallen's "Jump"! rolleyes.gif

Love REO, Styx, Kansas, Queen, Boston, ELO, Rod Stewart, Elton John...

OMG :lol: :lol: That is my music. I wasn't influenced by my parents taste in music at all - they were 'into' big band type music - awful stuff. But my daughter was certainly influenced by our heavier music :) and I was just as influenced by hers - even today she buys me any heavy music she comes across that she likes.

I adore the classic rock era, and just have to add : Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Judas Priest and my all time favourite Iron Maiden - I think they are all British bands ?

Mum is taste was Nat king Cole Who I really like his voice is so cool :)

Dad was into his country music and the only 2 I ever liked was Jim reeves And Marty Robbins.

Never really been in to my parents music if I play on youtube or hear any of these it reminds me of being a child at home again :)

q8tRTZIx298

from my dad i got stuff like queen,fleetwood mac, chris rea, rem etc

from my mum i got stuff like elvis and meatloaf,whitesnake,reo speedwagon

i love a variety of stuff but love rock and metal although i do love motown and 50's rock n roll

my bro gary listened to the same stuff as a kid but loves reggae and carribean music

my fave song ever is rock around the clock by bill haley and the comets.....gets me bopping round the house every time

i was obssessed with Queen when i was younger- that'll be coz of my dad....i do still listen to it sometimes if im having a angry day as for some reason it calms me down :blink:

my mum however is a massive UB40 fan and still is today...she loves them..she took me to see them at the appollo years ago when they were doing the "legalise it" tour...they were really really good :)

so i do have them on in my car quite alot aswell....labour of love 2 is my fav album i think :)